wtb byway vs gravel king

Sunday 12pm-7pm Based on this simple formula: (narrower tire width / wider tire width)* PSI of narrower tire, I calculated the appropriate air pressure for each contender. They work really well in a tubeless setup (but the installation is not that easy-breezy) and hold air nicely.

Login/cookie issues? On steep, fine gravel or single track I’ve noticed they can loose traction when braking or spin out on steep climbs. I believe that this is due to the combination of a very pronounced knobs and a very sticky rubber itself. The Byway Road Plus tire allows riders to find comfort on remote gravel roads without being slowed down on the pavement required to reach them. I really like the color of Bayway and honestly, when you compare its price to Rene Herse tires, it feels like a real bargain. And finally, there is the look and price. (804) 447-1730, "While this size is still far more esoteric than 700c it is quickly gaining popularity thanks to two particular tire companies.".

Written By Braden Govoni - January 25 2018. But don’t get me wrong.

I got through it all with a few dabs, but there are going to be occasions like this when a conventional treaded gravel tyre is going to be a better choice. It’s right at home on the road with the slick central channel providing low rolling resistance, allowing you to zip along country lanes with minimum speed penalty compared to a more conventional 700c road tyre setup. My riding is about 80% road, 20% really rocky gravel with steep climbs and descents (where traction and suppleness really matter). I found these claims to hold true through extensive riding on just about every terrain encountered. Gravel/CX; Adventure Road; Urban/Hybrid; Rims +-26" 27.5" 29" 700c; Grips +-Standard Grips; PadLoc® Grips ; Apparel +-Unisex Apparel ; Staff Picks; Accessories +-Inner Tubes; TCS® Tubeless Valves; TCS® Tape; Mud Guards; Replacement Hub Parts; About +-About us ; Athletes; Advocacy; Blog ; Technology; Log-in Cart ($0.00) Gravel/CX. The very supple casing combined with a low air pressure (22 PSI) and significant width (47 mm) resulted in a supremely comfortable ride no matter the conditions. This is a true king of this supple tire shootout when the comfort is considered. When WTB launched its second tire in this size, the Byway, I actually put off trying them because I was so happy with the Horizon tires. "My First 200k", Guest blog from Thomas Scott. I would definitely consider buying them again, perhaps in a wider profile. The addition of the meatier shoulder tread pattern is intended to let you further explore any road that isn’t paved compared to the Horizon. Those low profile shoulder knobs do let you take your bike further into the wilderness than you could with the Horizons but get too ambitious and you’ll be quickly reminded you’re still basically riding a fat slick tyre.

At 531g it’s no featherweight, but there’s at least a negligible weight penalty over the slicker Horizon (522g) and a bit more confidence in being able to push the tyre further and faster.

Forum Rules Byway subjectively feels more comfortable even than Steilacoom Extralight (although my measurements showed a slight difference in favor of Rene Herse tire). Compound: Dual Compound DNA Rubber, Provides good speed and traction on road and dry and hardpack trails, but steer clear of mud and damp grass, I love the smoothness the big volume low-pressure setup provides, and to have a tyre that is good on the road and not bad on gravel and dirt, Could be a bit lighter and you're best of steering clear of mud, which rules out UK winter riding really, A very capable tyre for road and light off-road use providing it's dry, with superb comfort and few downsides, Shimano M8000 XT 11 Speed Cassette - 11-46 / 11 Speed, Mavic Crossride Tubeless Pulse 27.5" Front Wheel (WTS) - 15mm x 100mm, Northwave Flash GTX Winter Boots - 41 Black | Cycling Shoes, Shimano XT M8000 Shadow+ Rear Derailleur - 11 Speed - Medium Cage GS, Mobi V-17 Portable Bike Pressure Washer - Blue - Grey, Blue - Grey, Shimano XT M8000 11sp Rear Derailleur - Black - Long Cage, Black, Hope Tech 3 E4 Brake - No Rotor - Red - Left Hand - Front, Red, RockShox Recon Gold RL Solo Air Forks - Boost - Matte Black - 140mm, Matte Black, Maxxis Aggressor MTB WT Tyre - EXO - TR - Black - Folding Bead, Black, Maxxis Minion DHF Wide Trail Tyre (3C-EXO-TR) - Black - Folding Bead, Black, Every bike from Reign E+ to Roam E+ covered, in-depth, New hardtail gets progressive geometry and promises a playful ride, Pretty and well made, but inefficient, tiring and awkwardly large, Our guide to help you beat the slop this winter, Well made, well designed and versatile bag that's lovely to use, Extremely comfortable and very capable for big rides – but expensive, The Carrera Fury offers stunning value with superbly sorted kit. The first set of “Road Plus” WTB tires I tried were the Byway in the same size. The general idea behind a 650b pavement or gravel tire is “more tire/less wheel”. Reviews, buying advice and news.

Mud is also not good for them so going seriously off-road with those tires is not the best idea. The topic ‘Gravel tyres – Panaracer Gravel king SK -v- WTB Byway (27.5)?’ is closed to new replies. Why? The Byway is a great tire for most gravel conditions, but not all. But when I measured each tire on my Spinergy GX wheels (24 mm internal wide), I found out that 4 different tires were very close to that 42 mm measurement. Only wet grass and mud reveal its limits. The smaller wheel enables a bigger volume tyre to be enlisted providing hugely improved cushioning when riding along badly surfaced roads or venturing onto gravel tracks and dirt paths. 650b; 700c; Sort: Byway From $59.95.

42c means that the tire should be, more or less, 42 mm wide. Wheel Size: 650b I first installed a set of Horizons on my own bike in early fall of 2016 before setting out on the longest ride of my life, an offroad adventure from Pittsburgh to Washington DC.
Similar to the Gravelking we reviewed, a smooth centerline can prevent traction on slick or loose-over-hard conditions. WTB calls it a dirt-focused Road Plus” tyre and that’s a pretty decent description. The first set of “Road Plus” WTB tires I tried were the Byway in the same size. and adventure bikes you can buy for under £2,000, How to prepare for your first gravel race - kit, bike setup and training, Five things that weren't cool - until gravel happened, and adventure bikes you can buy for under £1,000, Your complete guide to the 2021 Giant Bicycles e-bike range, Stif launches the Squatch - a new hardtail 29er, Fabric Megabar Dual Valve Mini Pump review, RideGuard launch eco-friendly low-profile gravel mudguards, Not as outright fast as a 700c gravel tyre. Yet, the comfort you get can makes you forget about all of the issues mentioned above…. In the photo above: At top is the WTB Byway …

Weight: 535g

It provides a great supple ride and tons of grip in every situation so you can go wherever you want with it (maybe only avoid sharp rocks on the way because of its very thin casing). After over 5000 miles of commuting, bike camping, dirt, gravel, urban pavement, and even some single track they were still going strong with zero flats along the way. Like Terrene tires…. info@outpostrichmond.com

The Byway is a 650x47mm tire that some might think is not a tire to consider for the road.

Contact Us WTB Byway is probably much more prone to punctures due to its supple casing so I feel that I will be better off with Byway at the front.

I also did not experience any seal leakage (I used Orange Sealant) even at very low air pressures. The item you just added is unavailable.
There’s only so far you can push a slick tyre on dirt and gravel, so WTB took the Horizon and added a meaty shoulder tread pattern to provide a bit more cornering traction when you’re drifting through the bends. This is by far the most confidence-inspiring tire in the whole test (not even Soma Cazadero can compete with that!). Challenge Gravel Grinder TLR 42c Rene Herse Steilacoom 38c Extralight Rene Herse Snoqualmie Pass 44c Endurance Terrene Elwood Light 42c WTB Byway 44c Soma Cazadero 50c. I’ve got a reasonable amount of room for 27.5 wheels with ~47mm tyres, so that’s the route I’m going. After over 5000 miles of commuting, bike camping, dirt, gravel, urban pavement, and even some single track they were still going strong with zero flats along the way. Similarities between the Byway and the Venture end at the distinct outer knobs. Newsletter Settings, Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total). For sure, there is a lot of it. The Byways measured 48mm wide mounted to the Stan’s Notubes Crest 650b wheelset (21mm internal). There are even some really great carbon endurance bikes, like the. Slow, because there is simply not enough grip in those situations. Advertising and commercial: sales@off-road.cc, Mountain bike, bikepacking and gravel bikes. On gravel, dirt and grass the tyre provides plenty of speed and there’s more cornering security compared to the totally slick Horizon. A few bikes in particular that now seem better suited for 650bx47 than 700c that we have sold or stock are the Marin Nicasio, Fairdale Weekender, and Soma Wolverine.

Homeric Hymns Shelmerdine Pdf, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane,