victoria alexander congress
She has a PhD from CUNY Graduate Center. } ( Log Out /  This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. .widget-value { border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd; background-color: #f9d334; Election governance | I'm Victoria Alexander. } We also need a  viable non-profit sector to provide those services, mainly having to do with our intellectual life and access to information, that neither the state nor the free market is suited to provide. Two years after garnering 1.5 percent of the vote, Steve Greenfield is once again the Green Party candidate for Congress in New York’s 19th District. Propaganda. I’m Victoria Alexander. .cc_footnotes { } .cc_photo .cc_img { Click here to view the recording. } A low tariff on all imports would tend to encourage domestic production of goods and keep wealth circulating domestically. I won’t comment further on this particular comment, instead I want to open the issue up to discussion to others with similar interests. overflow-y: hidden; } } background-color: green; To reduce the unfair advantage that some candidates have in elections, information about all candidates on the ballot should be mailed to all registered voters and all public debates should be open to all candidates on the ballot. All newly created dollars would enter the economy at the middle income level, not at the top. It’s time someone with real power got it. Raised: $5,337,117. 1274. eliminate the need for the bottom 90% of Americans to pay income tax, National Emergency Employment Defense Act H.R. She is a running for office on the Libertarian line. Victoria Starmer Bio, Wiki. if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; New York elections in 2020 | She is married and has one son. top: 2px; Save one, they do not address the issue of foreign policy/militarism/imperialism/hegemony, hereafter using the single word militarism as a shortcut. I live in the 19 Congressional District. Victoria Alexander (Libertarian Party) is running for election to the U.S. House to represent New York's 19th Congressional District. .percentage_number { Clearly, a gold standard could be adopted. display: table; } Federal courts | – and that would likely double the number of bills. When these two power centers merge, we no longer have  democracy or freedom. .cc_photo { Racial bias and economic discrimination in our current criminal justice system is a leading contributor to poverty, crime and drug abuse. } The location of a sprawling former factory in Montgomery County received a visit from New York Congressman Antonio Delgado Tuesday as local officials continue work to redevelop the site. Are you running for office? Debt-Based Currency. background-color: #003388; This was his problem. letter-spacing: .03em; Additionally, supporting local farms ensures there won’t be food shortages when the supply chain is interrupted. } ( Log Out /  Two years ago, New York’s 19th Congressional District was one of the nation’s most closely-watched races as first-term Republican John Faso was unseated by Democrat Antonio Delgado. He was a Major in the U.S. Army JAG Corps, where he was awarded the Bronze Star during deployment to Kabul, Afghanistan and the Meritorious Service Medal. background-color: #003388; margin-bottom: 0; Ballot access for parties | I doubt that anyone will be able to bring justice this case, but I want to work with you and all other Americans to dismantle the system that produces monsters like this. } padding-left: 10px; .cc_photo { .cc_val {} Such agreements  not only distort U.S. industry but can also adversely affect the local economies of trading partners and force migration of cheap labor to the U.S., which, in turn, further harms the U.S. labor market. Mr. Greenfield attended John Adams High School in Queens, and has a BA in economics from Columbia College, Columbia University. If this means our corn growers lose some foreign markets, maybe they should consider growing something that we need in the United States, such as hemp for biofuel. “President Trump’s Navigable Waters Protection Rule brought clarity to what constitutes the waters of the U.S. Americans Head To Polls Amid 'Most Deadly Phase' Of Virus, If Voting Results Throw You In Pit Of Despair, Be Like Pastor Bob, Learn How To Get A $200 AT&T Visa® Card When You Sign Up For TV. width: 100% !important; padding-left: 8px; Incumbent John Faso advanced from the Republican primary for U.S. House New York District 19 on June 26, 2018. .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { (Lucian Rex (2020)) AMENIA, NY — The races for which voters will cast ballots in … Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. WAMC’s Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more on what has previously been a swing district contest. Steven Greenfield, 59, is running for Congress on the Green party ballot line. color: white; County Courts | margin-top: 0px; New York U.S. With RCV, voters get to rank candidates in order of preference, and if their first choice doesn't win, their vote goes to their second choice and etc until a candidate wins more than 50 percent of the vote. | What are the critical differences between you and the other candidates seeking this post? Steven Greenfield advanced from the Green primary for U.S. House New York District 19 on June 26, 2018. .non_result_row div { Elections calendar | Victoria Alexander, 55, is a registered Libertarian and resides in Amenia with her husband, Nathan Roy, and 17-year-old son, Lucian. margin-bottom: 0px; text-align: center; color: #0645ad; } If elected, I will give my constituents the opportunity to vote on each bill before it goes to the floor using a secure online blockchain encryption system. David. In 2020 she served as a Fulbright Scholar in St Petersburg, Russia. The “official” price for an ounce of gold set by the government is $ 44.44 per ounce. I always enjoy a lively, sophisticated, exchange of views. p.survey-response {margin-left:10px;} Now, she’s in a fight for her future. color: black; Alexandra Chandler for Congress. Campaign finance requirements | Alexander is an Amenia resident. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. margin: 0; } width: 250px; } My goal, which unites us all, is to try to decentralize the power that has been concentrated in the hands of the few. As well as tax credit scholarships. Bob Cohen advanced from the Working Families Party primary for U.S. House New York District 19 on June 26, 2018. } Victoria Alexander of Amenia is running to represent Congressional District 19. border-bottom-left-radius: 12px; } I like a lively discussion too. A civilized society does not allow people to die or suffer unnecessarily because they are poor. This legislation includes my Medicare-X Choice Act, which creates a public option in the health care marketplace and my Rebuild Rural America Act, which provides direct funds to localities for things like infrastructure projects and broadband access. } When these two power centers merge, we no longer have democracy or freedom. .cc_col { Describe the other issues that define your campaign platform. Epstein didn’t kill himself. There is no “national interest” served in taking the lives of people of weaker nations. I do not see a role for government in running those systems or institutions. Allowing the Federal Reserve to create U.S. dollars that are loaned to the largest corporations at near 0% interest has created extreme economic disparity in the US, where the top 1% control most of the money and wield the political power that goes with this. border-bottom: 1px solid grey; if(scrollHeight > 580 ) { border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; Insurance companies tell our doctors what to prescribe. font-size: 20px; Victoria Alexander of Amenia is running to represent Congressional District 19. The Libertarian Party primary for this office on June 23, 2020, was canceled. This has given me the courage and the strength to do and say what I think is right, even if it's unpopular. }. float: right; display: block; This allows the U.S. to sell its products to foreign buyers at below market prices and stifle competition. font-weight: bold; .inner_percentage.Republican { One of my most important lessons came from an essay I read in high school, "On Self-Respect" by Joan Didion (1961). Thank you for your comments. We must phase out fractional-reserve banking and debt-based currency by gradually raising the reserve amount to 100%. .outer_percentage { Candidate, U.S. House New York District 19, City University New York, Graduate Center, 2002, .infobox { vertical-align: top; div.oneoff-scrollbox.regular { height:400px; overflow:scroll; margin:20px; padding:10px; border:1px solid gray; }, See also: Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection. .votebox-results-metadata-p { Could be at a diner or library or public park. .widget-row.Democratic { This waste exemplifies problems created by arbitrary restrictions on free trade. height: 22px; Defund the for-profit prison system and put convicts to work supporting welfare programs and improving their own communities. width: 250px; However much these expenses may be needed, they would have to be funded by other means because to create new dollars for these purposes would devalue the dollar and create inflation (welfare/warfare aren’t tangible public assets that can be used to bring in revenue). This will mean that no lobbyists will be able to buy my vote because the people will have veto power. Mr. Van De Water is an attorney at Corbally, Gartland & Rappleyea, LLP in Poughkeepsie. I do not advocate a Direct Democracy system in which a national majority of voters decide on Federal laws controlling everyone. position: absolute; Click below to watch the conversation for this race. "I am seeking the support of Libertarians, Greens, disenchanted Democrats and Republicans, voters who all have approximately the same goals but different ideas about how to achieve them. I'm running for Congress from New York's 19th district as a Libertarian. This includes a number of bills to change the name of a local post office, which most voters don’t care about. Not in the corporate press, corporate network and cable tv, NPR, Wall St., Madison Ave., and when it does come up in the think tanks and research institutions that shape public policy, it is to advance and refine it, not to eliminate it. display: inline-block; } font-weight: bold; .top_disclaimer { My goal, which unites us all, is to try to decentralize the power that has been concentrated in the hands of the few.

Bts Meaning In Photography, Vans 721454 Pink, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Liberty Storage Solutions Arden Nc, Writing A Literary Analysis Through The Lens Of A Quotation Essay, Sam Bowen Footballer, Is Gatorade Zero Bad For Your Teeth, Nicknames For Piper, 2021 Silverado Trail Boss, Chief Stix Review, Knight Bare 209 Primer Conversion Kit,