teeth not straight after braces reddit

You should talk to an orthodontist. Sometimes you can tell yourself, especially if you have unusually crooked teeth or an obvious underbite or overbite. By the time the baby teeth have fallen out, it is too late to take advantage of any of the child’s natural growth during treatment. My bottom teeth shifted after my … My bottom teeth were in total disarray, and to top it off, I had an underbite. thanks.. That's what I thought too! It looks like snapcorrect is mail only and doesn't have live places for molds like smile direct club? I would 100% do it again even though 17 year old me wasn’t happy about it lol. No wires, no bands, no elastic, no frequent appointments for tightening, no teeth pulling, and no surgery. My teeth are not straight still. % of people told us that this article helped them. Confident me!!! Dr. In most cases, however, you will also need an orthodontic headgear or neckgear (also called a headbrace or neckbrace) in order to fix the overbite. But veneers usually cost $1500 per tooth, some insurances will not have coverage since That's cosmetic. by eclipse0720 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:56 pm, #3 I never cared as much about it as my parents did. It depends on how bad the overbite is. Honestly I have Invisalign and I make monthly payments on it. Regular trips to the visit and x-rays of the mouth and jaw will reveal early on the likelihood of this happening to you, and you should get your wisdom teeth removed when your dentist says to. Told him about that 2 teeth are not straight and seem to be pushing against each other . Best and safest when done by a professional. son's teeth, but we decided to go with Invisalign instead. But I can finally floss my bottom teeth. Just recently got my braces off , however, my lower right central is slightly not upright (slanted) and the tooth beside it, lower right lateral is not straight either and it is slightly pushed backward . By using our site, you agree to our. Like what? I've had my rubber bands for 5 weaks and now if I leave them off for more than 2-3 hours my teeth will start hurting, so I actually feel better with them on. Teeth looked good. Some orthodontist perform this routinely at the retainer delivery. Post Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 1,565,726 times. 15 years later...my teeth are back to where they were previously. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. I had invisalign done - it's a bit annoying, but a lot less invasive than traditional braces, and probably cheaper too. My top two front teeth no longer overlap, my canines don't stick out funny, my overbite isn't so pronounced. A quick search on the internet and posts like this on reddit show lots of threads where people are wondering what would happen if they only wore their Invisalign retainers at night. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I work for a general dentist, never worked in ortho. "it helped me to stop sleeping on my side and putting my hand on cheek. If the baby teeth are crowded there will never be enough room for the adult teeth to be straight. I would say that 16 months with braces really did something for my bite. I hope you have good luck! The fastest way to straighten teeth is by placing veneers. This article has been viewed 1,565,726 times. Or I guess depending on the severity of your crowding, maybe a dentist could just do veneers so it looks like you have straight teeth but in reality they aren't. They can look at your teeth and recommend the best option based on your teeth and budget. My two upper “fangs” (I’m too lazy to look up the proper name) came in before I lost my baby teeth, so that was screwy. r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. Now I can’t stop smiling, I love to show everyone how beautiful my teeth are. by classII » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:22 pm, #5 Two sets of braces equaling four and a half total years of treatment luckily fixed all that. Your orthodontist may opt for a removable retainer which may be used for a year or so. Veneers are also an option but they require a small amount of enamel to be removed. Avoid foods that are resistant to chewing. It is possible to correct the relapse by using the retainers consistently, however if that did not help, an  Invisalign for a very short time can correct the problem and straighten the teeth again. I’m extremely disappointed. what difference will it make ? You have to go in all the time so they can pound on your gums and teeth with various equipment. How do you determine the cost of treatment and what billing options are available? And when you want your teeth straightened, the best option is always to see an orthodontist and get braces.But if you want to know how to straighten teeth at home, then we … Is there a way to fix a gap between my teeth without braces? What kind of post-treatment follow up is expected for this treatment option? In complex cases, an orthodontist may require the help of an oral surgeon or maxillofacial surgeon in order to establish a full treatment plan. They hardly changed my overall look, most people don't notice your teeth unless they're exceptionally horrible or crooked. The braces straightened out my teeth, which improved my looks some (certainly while smiling), but the biggest change came from the expander. I had extensive dental work done and there’s a significant difference in my face shape when you look at before and after pictures. ", "Very informative about processes for fixing teeth problems!! It definitely helps but yeah, I don't know how much it actually did. In any case, you should make an appointment with a dentist or orthodontist to discuss the best option for you. This is how they look like. What Kind of Retainer After Braces is Better, Clear Plastic or Wire? Now they're even. Are you looking for herbal remedies? Aligning your lower body will help position your upper body better to avoid neck fatigue and needing to rest your face in your hands. An orthodontist will prescribe you a series of clear aligners that you wear over your teeth for most of the day, except when you’re eating or brushing your teeth. I spent the last 3 years smiling with my mouth closed and afraid to laugh because I didn’t want people to see my teeth after they moved after braces. But I do like it a lot more now than how it was before, I hate looking at old pictures from before, so it was worth it for me. Getting palatal expanders will guarantee my child does not need braces. I had braces twice and it was such a pain to have them and now I have to wear a retainer for the rest of my life. I have also heard you can never have them removed.I could be wrong but maybe one of the professionals can help us. Never, "It helped me to stop sleeping on my stomach and to stop holding my head with my hand. They look as if they are pushing against each other. The only difference is the spots where they took a dremel to my teeth to shape them. I don't think they did much. Master using Zoom and feel more confident online. My front two teeth grew in sideways... facing each other. My teeth yellowed much quicker than usual which bugged me. After paying $6k for Invisalign, I picked the free option. My ortho never looks at the teeth from the front too. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. This article helped me prevent that, "This helped because I am a cringy preteen wanting to get my braces off. Invisalign I believe is only slightly cheaper than braces. There are other brands with aligners, such as Direct Smile Club and Candid, but these are not overseen by a dental professional, so you might not get the best results. Your dentist will usually tell you. by eclipse0720 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:04 pm, #4 Fixed retainers are adhered to the back of the teeth so they are discreet. In only a few months he's about halfway through the program, and his teeth … Quite a lot, but it wasn't just the braces. Invisalign or some other clear retainer. Funny story, when my teeth are perfectly straight, my molars don't touch. Post #1 by eclipse0720 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:45 pm, #8 by Snowglobe32 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:03 am, #14 Many people experience irritation from contact between the brackets and the tongue. It’s way easier than paying up front. Some require an orthodontist's opinion to order, while others do not. Teeth are not straight after braces. This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. I know I’m late here but for anyone who reads this thread in the future — I am so glad I did sdc. Does invisalign count as a professional? Other orthodontists recommended pulling fucking teeth and jaw-extension surgery -- I kid you not -- to straighten my 20-y.o. Hi! My upper teeth do a good enough job hiding the cluster. Very cheap dentists there. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Veneers. Some people say that having a straight, beautiful smile is the best accessory, but not everyone is confident in the appearance of their teeth. Some of the movements are very simple like tipping a tooth forward or backward. Before getting one, though, you should see a dental health professional. Dental veneers can also give the appearance of a straighter smile. This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Once you get braces, you are stuck with a retainer or something similar for life if you don't want your teeth to shift. They were pretty dramatic about it. All they did was fix my overview which was more functionally problematic than aesthetically problematic. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. You will most likely be prescribed painkillers to help with this. I'm grateful that my parents made me get braces because I have great teeth now. by eclipse0720 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:21 pm, #12 Thanks! An orthodontist will be able to give you more information. I would 100% do it again even though 17 year old me wasn’t happy about it lol. Now I can’t stop smiling, I love to show everyone how beautiful my teeth are. I went to him because I know ~7 people who went to him and had great results. I went and had my mouth scanned rather than doing the molds at home. The information on RealSelf is intended for educational purposes only. I had braces in middle school so puberty did more to change my looks than they did. Unless it stops doing its job of preventing my teeth from moving, I am ok with an ugly, discolored retainer! But it also taught me not to, "My mom told me that it was about time I got braces, but I did not want any. ", "This is really very helpful for me (actually, for my teeth). Post You will need to visit an orthodontist and have them look at your teeth. Customer service is great, and zero problems with my aligners so far. This community provides unofficial support for those using SmileDirectClub (as well as all of other aligner companies!) But, if you are self conscious of your smile, it’s totally worth it. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-1-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-1-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-1-Version-6.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-1-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/13\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-2-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-2-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/13\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-2-Version-6.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-2-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c1\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-3-Version-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-3-Version-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c1\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-3-Version-7.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-3-Version-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7c\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-4-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-4-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7c\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-4-Version-6.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-4-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/28\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-5-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-5-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/28\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-5-Version-6.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-5-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f3\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-6-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-6-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f3\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-6-Version-6.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-6-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fe\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-7-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-7-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fe\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-7-Version-6.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-7-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e9\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-8-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-8-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e9\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-8-Version-6.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-8-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/13\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-9-Version-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-9-Version-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/13\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-9-Version-4.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-9-Version-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/71\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-10-Version-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-10-Version-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/71\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-10-Version-4.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-10-Version-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/79\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-11-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-11-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/79\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-11-Version-3.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-11-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/66\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-12-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-12-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/66\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-12-Version-3.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-12-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/03\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-13-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-13-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/03\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-13-Version-3.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-13-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/db\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-14-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-14-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/db\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-14-Version-3.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-14-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/49\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-15-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-15-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/49\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-15-Version-3.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-15-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c7\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-16-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-16-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c7\/Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-16-Version-3.jpg\/aid3094394-v4-728px-Straighten-Your-Teeth-Without-Braces-Step-16-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/79\/Check-out-the-herbst-appliance.jpg\/460px-Check-out-the-herbst-appliance.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/79\/Check-out-the-herbst-appliance.jpg\/728px-Check-out-the-herbst-appliance.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":330,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"523","licensing":"

Details: Originally uploaded by
Wikivisual<\/a>, reuploaded duplicate image.\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b5\/Choose-a-headgear.jpg\/460px-Choose-a-headgear.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b5\/Choose-a-headgear.jpg\/728px-Choose-a-headgear.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":332,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"525","licensing":"