sheet metal nibbler screwfix
£2.80. Select vendor . If electric-powered nibblers won’t work for your project, you’re going to want to consider using compressed air. When it comes to cutting sheet metal, the two most common tools are nibblers that I talk about in this article and shears. Select a language. One of the pneumatic nibblers worth considering is the Astro Pneumatic 727. In other words, a gauge 10 sheet is thicker than a gauge 16 sheet. Choose from top trade brands. Products Support PIPELINE™ Power Tools MX FUEL™ Equipment Batteries and Chargers Site Lighting Outdoor Power Equipment Instruments Hand Tools Storage … £40.83. Order online at Screwfix.ie. - - - - Call us on: 1800 832 777 Call us: 1800 832 777 Shop by Product Code Need Help. Their cutter has precise ground edges, and it can be changed out and replaced easily. RRP £63.68. When going through the dozens of sheet metal nibblers available on the market, I considered, among other things, the factors below. When it comes to corded nibblers, a close second in my research was the Hitachi CN16SA. It works on up to 17-gauge cold-rolled steel and will easily cut through sheet metal without deforming the edges. The three main ways I assess a product’s quality are looking at the reputation of the brand that makes it, and going thoroughly through positive, negative, and neutral reviews. Cutting capacity in aluminium (200 N/mm²), max. Versatility: Finally, you should also keep the versatility of the nibbler you choose in mind. A cordless that can cut up to 16-gauge material. This nibbler is designed to cut mild steel, aluminum, stainless steel, and to corrugate quickly. However, you should keep in mind that nibblers are much more accurate and are able to cut clean radiuses. To make your choice easier, I take a look at eight nibblers of various types that I recommend checking out if you are looking to get one. It weighs just 4 pounds without a battery. Cuts up to 1.6mm in mild steel. Skil 5280-01 Review: A Circular Saw Worth Getting? … The grip’s circumference is small so you can still do all of the precision work you need to. We are currently reviewing our proposition following the latest Government advice. Before jumping into the full list, though, here are my top three choices: While hand nibblers might work well for smaller jobs, if you need to do any decent amount of metal sheet cutting, you will likely want an electric-powered tool. Apply Here. In other words, a gauge 10 … When it comes to hand nibblers, then I strongly recommend Knipex. It has a built-in thickness gauge which is very convenient for the user. The die holder has a 3-position indexer which allows you to quickly change direction. Nibblers have no problem cutting sheet metal around corners, angles, and even intricate shapes. It weighs just a pound, which makes for a very easy experience when you use this nibbler. Pay your way. For power nibblers, personally I recommend going with Makita – the brand of tools that I have the most experience with and that never disappointed me. Price: ₹ 97,527.00 97527.00 Net price: ₹ 82,650.00. The kerf is around 2.7mm and will cut without deformation. The tool will cut sheet metal up to 1.2mm thick, and plastics up to 2mm thick. It weighs in at 4.1 pounds without the battery, comparable to other similar tools. If you are on an extremely tight budget, you should consider either using hand nibblers or – if you have a compressor or a drill – getting a drill attachment or a pneumatic nibbler. Cutting capacity in steel (800 N/mm²), max. Like the Makita, this one is powered by an 18-volt battery as well, so it has plenty of power for most applications. Great Value. One of the tool’s downsides it the fact that it can’t be used on flush applications because there’s an offset built into the guide. Except for the lightest applications, I recommend getting electric nibblers, preferably cordless like the Makita XNJ01Z. This site requires cookies to provide all of its shopping features. Tweet. Erbauer Air Nibbler. The tool’s speed is rated at just over an inch per second or about five feet per minute. As for the power source, I recommend getting an electric one unless you already have a compressor in your workshop. Compared to the Makita, it’s designed for lighter gauge metals and has a 3.5 Amp motor that will glide through most flat sheet metal. Languages. Overall Width 50mm; Air Pressure 90psi; Aluminium Cutting Capacity 2.0mm; Sound Pressure Level 91dBA; Steel Cutting Capacity 1.6mm; More Information. Going with the same brand – especially if you are using cordless power tools – makes a lot of sense. It’s small enough to be operated comfortably yet strong enough to do most of the jobs you will regularly encounter. They will be much more convenient to use and you will not have to worry about getting yourself tangled in the cord. £108.68. save £14.68 +-Add to Basket. While using a power tool will certainly speed up the process, if you only need to do small cuts rather infrequently, you might be able to save money by using hand nibblers. Delivery: 1-2 days. Search; Your Account Sign in / Register. However, if I had to choose one that wins on this front, it would be the corded and cordless top picks, Makita JN3201 and Makita XNJ01Z. Our stores and Contact Centre are also closed until further notice. Shop heavy duty metalworking power tools including M18 and corded single and double cut shears, nibblers and more. If you are unsure whether nibblers are what you actually need for your job – or if there is a question you have about them – chances are you will find your answer below. Below is a list of what I believe to be the best electric nibblers – both corded and cordless – to help you make sense of the oversaturated market. SH120 RAPID CUTTING … The edges cut cleanly and there’s an additional chip breaker that will minimize the mess and keep your projects simple. This nibbler’s chip disposal is below the cutting material which means less damage to your cutting surface. While I recommend reading the whole article to find the nibblers that best suitsyour needs, I have to mention here that the Makita XNJ01Z is my favorite. The blades are oil-hardened and interchangeable. If you would prefer to ditch the cord, then you should put the 18-volt Makita XNJ01Z at the top of your list. Electric nibblers can further be divided into cordless and corded ones. If you need to cut relatively thin sheets of metal – and only have a few small cuts to do – you might be able to get away with using hand nibblers which are considerably cheaper than power nibblers. One thing to keep in mind when choosing the right tool is that when it comes to “gauge” – the way metal’s thickness is usually denominated, a higher number means thinner sheet. This tool is a great addition to any sheet metal working toolset and will keep your hand safe while you manually work the sheet metal. I also recommend checking my article about the best power tool brands. Currency. It features an on-tool battery charge indicator which lets you know how much juice you have left. Power: When it comes to sheet metal nibblers, the power (or gauge) of the tool is another important factor. In a hurry? Its grip is soft and ergonomic which means more comfort for you and less fatigue for your arms. Browse store. In most cases, you will be able to get your job done using either of those. Delivery: 1-2 days. Since the unit punches downward, the chips produced on the workpiece is minimized. It is rated to cut at 5.7 feet per minute on 16-gauge mild steel which is relatively fast. Cutting capacity in steel (400 N/mm²), max. SGS Heavy Duty Metal Air Shear / Nibbler. You will be redirected. Screwfix.ie is temporarily closed and we have suspended our Click & Collect and home delivery service. Specially designed replaceable cutter head … For building and construction however electric nibblers made by Makita, Hitachi and Fein perform better than other metal cutting tools, utilizing good cutting design and power … Ideal for fast and accurate sheet metal cutting. Its head rotates 360 degrees to make any job easy. A power nibbler or hand nibblers can be an extremely valuable tool when you need to cut sheet metal. In Stock; 2 Year Warranty ; 4 months at 0% interest, click for more info; Add Your Review. As their names suggest, while the former is manual labor-intensive and works like scissors, the latter is powered by either electricity or compressed air. It has a quick one-touch slide switch which means it’s easy to start and stop a project. This double-headed nibbler by REXBETI is a very convenient drill attachment. Power Tools; Measuring Instruments; Hand Tools; Storage Unit; Lighting; Others; Pneumatic Tools; Hydraulic Tools; Garden Tools; Cordless Tools; New products; Products on sale; Vendors. Product Description. Keep in mind that the cutter is about 1/8 thick and will leave that size cut on your material. It requires 2 CFM at 45 PSI and needs around 90 PSI to operate. The handle is coated and has slip guards to keep your fingers safe. '&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src='https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-WPXDHM3');, Die plate holder can be set to sheet metal thickness, enabling vibration-free work, Long lifetime of punch and die plate leads to high cutting performance, Die plate replaceable; punch can be sharpened. They work on iron, copper, or aluminum sheets that are up to 1.2 mm thick. Select a currency. You should also consider how it will fit into your existing toolkit – whether you will be able to use the batteries you already have or whether you will be better off getting a drill attachment rather than a stand-alone nibbler. It weighs 3.5 pounds which makes it light enough to handle comfortably for prolonged periods of time. Its slim body and lightweight design make it easy to operate. Its die holder can rotate 180 degrees and has 3-stops allowing for flexibility during your projects. Ideal for cutting body panels and fabrication. Shop heavy duty metalworking power tools including M18 and corded single and double cut shears, nibblers and more. Country/Currency: EUR (€) Close. It weighs 2 pounds and has a quick connect air coupler on the back so you can quickly start your project. … To recap the above, when getting nibblers, you have four options: you can get an electric variant (either corded or cordless), a pneumatic variant, a pair of hand nibblers or a drill attachment. Trade prices available. After all, selecting one that is too expensive for the needs of your project could mean not being left with a budget for another tool you might realize you need at a later point in time. You should consider whether you need a corded or a cordless one, as well as whether you need to be cutting accurate circles or just straight lines. Its claim to fame is its ability to cut cleanly without distortion or bending. The attachments will cut sheet metal, corrugate, pipes, powder-coated material, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, Formica, plastic, and fiberglass. Price: With people rarely having an unlimited budget, price plays a big role when selecting the right tool.