pxg irons review

The irons I have been playing since my last fitting were also considered expensive at $215 per club at the time. I have the 0211 with the Elevate Tour Stiff shafts. PXG’s goal with the 0211 irons was to bring the performance and feel of their 0311 irons to golfers at a lower price. What a crock. I do not review companies much, but I feel compelled to do so in this case. According to PXG, the new material yields more than twice the face deflection of COR2, which creates an additional 2-3 MPH of ball speeds. Yet I root for this company to succeed. That feel is paired with a robust, mid pitch impact sound. Join our community and interact with other Practical Golf readers! Up to 8 yards longer, than GEN2, the new @PXG GEN3 Irons feature an Impact Reactor powered by Xtreme DualCOR Technology, Kaboom, Baby! As the first “affordable” set from PXG, they offer the high-class irons to golfers who are normally priced out of the market. Anyone who wants to rubbish PXG needs first to experience their custom fit process to understand the differences proper fitting makes. To get the same yardage I have to overhit. The irons so far, have hit me about the same as the drivers….a little short, good feel, but still right on the cusp of something very special. I’ve always felt great golf was about limiting your mistakes (check out my new book to learn how to fix them), and that’s what my Pings help me do. When you address the ball it doesn’t feel like you are necessarily holding a players iron. I’ve got a two year old son, and a daughter on the way. The premium utility iron set to help you find more fairways. PXG says the higher prices are the consequence of a business model that eschews mass distribution in favor of a more personalized approach.

Join more than 30,000 golfers and receive email updates when new articles post.

It will be interesting to see how the market responds to Parsons over the next couple of years. Like buying an inferior car for twice the money……Oh yeah. The progressive design of the set likely allows for stronger lofts in the long irons. PXG 0211 Irons Verdict. 0211 or 0311 gen 2. . You can find him on Twitter here - @practicalgolf, where he is happy to chat about golf with anyone. If you ask Bill, when I played the original PXG 0311 irons, I was playing the best golf of my life in terms of iron play. No one’s irons are anywhere near the COR limit. I still have to make the putts, but there’s no question that increasing greens in regulation percentage will help lower your scores. Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

He tries to bring the "everyday hack/weekend warrior" perspective, reminding readers that golf can sometimes be fun. There isn't much offset needed in the 8-iron up due to golfers being more … So, where is the performance boost coming from? Just wanted to get a sense of it before scheduling a fitting in Northbrook. During my fitting, I was working the toe side of center quite a bit. Since when was PGX the ONLY golf company on the planet? The top lines are slim, but the soles are fairly wide. 2) Misses still give me better range in terms of distance.

In addition to his editorial responsibilities, he was instrumental in developing MyGolfSpy's data-driven testing methodologies and continues to sift through our data to find the insights that can help improve your game. What I didn’t particularly like was after i told other vets about the program and then revisited their website I discovered that they had reduced the discount substantially – I sorta felt that they were playing games. That seems to be the message. It returned a bit more energy to the ball, boosting speeds over the original, but didn’t feel as soft. As for price, it is what it is, just like cars, watches, and many other consumables. “But we’re trying to provide the golfer with an experience they don’t get when they walk into Dick’s or Superstore.” FYI: If you get fit for golf clubs at a Dick’s Sporting Goods, you deserve what you get. At the literal core of PXG’s new iron technology is what the company calls Impact Reactor Technology Powered by a DualCOR Technology. They said nothing!! I don’t think the 0211 will be replaced, but I do think that there may be new version of the 0311 on the horizon. I like the industrial design. . They’re certainly fun to hit every once in a while!

Kept them 3 season but that’s not a payoff. Tour Edge Introduces Three New HL4 Iron Sets; HL4…. Okay they cost more then most and they work well, I guess but don’t all major brands do the same for less cost.. Saturday during my round on a par 3, using my 7 iron made contact on the ball and the shaft made a clean slice off and flew down the hole.

For me, PXG has done a lot to my game performance and enjoyment so Ill stick to the brand and upgrade to GEN 3, Way out of my price range, but they are very interesting clubs. No doubt Bob Parsons is comfortable with that. Do you anticipate PXG to come out with a new model by then since most manufacturers tend to do club releases around then? It’s a 4I with considerable offset and a fairly wide sole, so while you can flight it down, that’s not really what it’s designed for. This is no different than what other manufacturers do to create the illusion of more distance and why would you make the shafts half an inch longer when the target audience for that particular model already has difficulty making consistent center contact?

I tried to throw every single shot in the book I had. 16 sole weights & adjustable hosel offer extreme driver fitting. I love seeing companies who can break the mold with design, and challenge the status quo of any industry. I just purchased a single 7 iron 0211 from PXG and it was only $30 shipping for the one club. Similar to previous years, the PXG Gen 3 irons still have the same three head options: the T (Tour Performance), P (Player), and Xtreme Performance (XP). Your email address will not be published. Matt- I was just fitted by Tru Spec and they recommended a bag full of Callaway Mavrik. that have the right amount of spin and height with good distance.. I cannot hit the 0211 irons as far with the same swing as my RX Callaways. on ebay for $70.

The Gen 1 irons had a much softer core while Gen 2 had a much firmer core.

When I strike the ball perfectly its obvious I am switching into “another gear” of performance. Fro perspective I have never seen one ‘live’… Never seen one on course and never seen one anywhere else.

Matt, could you briefly compare the PXG 0211 to the TM 790? Now I know from experience it does not cost that much to ship a set of irons, and especially from a manufacturer that ships hundreds of packages a day, and receiving huge discounts from FedEx.

/* Content Template: Single Post - start */ Parsons Xtreme (PXG) Irons Review: A Club Unlike Any Other I am not a ‘gear head,’ and do not typically write about golf clubs on this website. The Impact Reactor is the reason why Mike Nicolette, Director and Senior Designer at PXG, says the new irons should be called GEN4. Since my last fitting and this one my driver swing speed has gone from 112 down to 99 and I am about a club and a half shorter with my irons now. It’s the reason why their business has stood the test of time in a very competitive market.

As golfers, when we hear dual-core, we think golf ball, and that’s not the worst comparison here.

~20% over the market for higher-end clubs. It is a lot cheaper and has been an eye opener in terms of the variables determined by the shaft alone. Similar to previous years, the PXG Gen 3 irons still have the same three head options: the T (Tour Performance), P (Player), and Xtreme Performance (XP). Thanks! I toyed with the idea of the 0311 Gen1 when PXG offered a hefty discount for military, veterans, and first responders (most likely a convenient way to keep the remainders off the discount market and get good PR at the same time). But then again I am open minded to it. “It’s hot when you miss,” says Brad Schweigert. Just totally lost. Unfortunately, beyond stating that the material can’t be injected and is difficult to get inside the clubhead, PXG isn’t saying what the material is or how they get it inside. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I currently play Titleist 716 AP2 with Winn Midsize Grips and like the feel and distance I get. For what it’s worth, they do ship in a very nice box, but I wouldn’t pay $60 for that.

Red Pyle Silkie, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane,