pronounce jaguar jagwire
I have heard versions closer to a “Bonnie” rhyming situation. (But I must confess that I, too, find JAG-wire annoying.). by Beyer160 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:48 pm, Post Which is better for you? uar . Probably for the past 18 years ive pronounced it that way. Also just throwing in there that Michigan sucks. Please Settle this Debate Between James and Me Before there’s Bloodshed. by Beyer160 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 pm, Post official was 'distracted' during fatal crash, 'Not backing down': Amazon workers want time to vote, Terry Bradshaw helps stranger in viral video, Ore. ballot measure would legalize some hard drugs, Civil rights groups in Kansas City send warning to NBA. I would imagine it to be the opposite of "hip". Then there’s Adidas. by Beyer160 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:46 pm, Post JAG-You-are.....like the brits...makes them sound, SPECIAL! They are also a World Cup sponsor, though, so we might get a clue during broadcasts. Why do so many fans prefer just picking the teams with the best records rather than who wins the division....what is the point of divisions. by Beyer160 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:42 pm, Post I mostly only heard "Jagwar", except from Cris Collinsworth (who is a total dipshit), who kept saying "Jag-wire". Texas A&M University-San Antonio is actively monitoring the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation. I don't know why some pronounce it jagwire...there's no i in there! There was a program regarding hand made juke boxes. Jaguar’s British owners break it up into three syllables — jag-you-are — which is the same way the British say the name of the cat. Then one of the dads on the other side yells ‘Glad it didn’t hit my JAGUAR!’ He like like yelled the word Jaguar way louder to make sure we all heard it.”, “I thought he was joking! How to Pronounce the Longest Place Name in the U.K. WATCH: What’s Hot in Coffee? Beyer160 PAT. The Brits who don't say JAG-wire say JAG-you-are, and I and many other Americans say JAG-wahr, so there is no one right way to pronounce the word, anyhow. Not to mention pompous and arrogant, but I think I already said that.”, JAMES: “It’s pronounced “Jagwire” not Jagwaar.”. Your vote has been cast. Pronunciation Key - [jag-wahr, -yoo-ahr; especially Brit. # 2.972.923 Posts: 447 Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:34 pm. Still have questions? Everyone I know locally has always called it that. Thanks? Why does Antonio Brown respect Tom Brady more than he did Ben Rothlisberger? Jagwar! LOL. Don't go around calling people stupid. Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments. A Brit’s Guide to American Regional Nicknames, Choose your provider to watch Live TV & Full Episodes. That's the thing about English spelling—you can't trust it. It’s Jag You Are but then I’m a bit of a posh Southern bird and I say scone that rhymes with stone and garage that rhymes with barrage – luckily I’m too adept at making an arse of myself to ever be considered a pompous prick … and I’ve got no money … and I don’t drive …, You are correct, it is jagwaar!! According to my hero Al Bundy, it's pronounced "Hag war", To all of those who said that it's "jag-wire" you have no idea what you're talking about. Brand name pronunciation is a strange thing really. Nobody gives you the right to call people stupid. Although we both emphasize the first syllable, Jaguar is pronounced “JAG-you-ar” in the U.K. and more like “JAG-wahr” here. ( Log Out /  Brits (and a few other nations apparently) pronounce it “Suh-LEEK-a” with the emphasis heavily in the middle. Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry. When it comes to sports teams and cars named "Jaguar" why do the largest percentage of people pronounce it like it has the letter i in it and is spelled Jagwire which is wrong. Still have questions? Everyone I know says 'Jag-yoo-are' so that's the way I do. I've not taken a poll/survey but also have not run into a lot of people who mispronounce the word. God damn it, I should really stop posting while drinking. JAMES: “It’s pronounced “Jagwire” not Jagwaar.” ME: “Oh geez! Jaguar, animal or automobile, two syllables, rhymes with “car”. Who’s better: Brett Favre or Carson Wentz? Okay, it’s not like we sit around talking about big cats or luxury cars all the time. You can sign in to vote the answer. Or no (as they say over here)? (So as not to further derail the AO Jag/Jazzmaster thread, I have started this informal poll for the discussion of the pronunciation of the word "Jaguar" in the English language.). Yesterday, on NPR’s All Things Considered, the host, Robert Siegel, used three syllables to pronounce Jaguar, while I stuck with two. Listen to the audio pronunciation in the Cambridge English Dictionary. I’m from California and pronounce it ‘Jag-U-ar’, but then I work in car design with a bunch of Brits. If I came from a region where I'd heard it pronounce "cheese toast," that's likely how I'd pronounce it, and proudly so! I knew you’d see it my way. Still have questions? With Jaguar up for sale, along with Ford’s other European luxury brands, the name has been in the news more than ever lately. The commercials don’t help either because they have that British voice-over guy who says “Jaguwuh” like he’s all out of breath from lusting over the car. I was talking about why people feel the need to point out how rich they are, like we don’t have eyes or something. what is the difference between a 1. smile, a 2. grin, and a 3. smirk? How do you think about the answers? you should avoid talking to people about cars though if you feel so strongly about it... :|. What is "proverbial mirror" in this paragraph? Can you believe some people? I definitely wouldn't say that Jag-wire necessarily birthed from hipsters. Jagwire provides bicycle cables, housing, brake pads, hydraulic hoses bleed kits, workshop tools and small parts. Get caught up in the latest full episodes of BBC America shows. I say "jaw-garr" just the way it's spelled in the title of the thread because I don't want any trouble. How do you write syllable shapes for multisyllabic words? The "u" then kind of blends together with the rest of the second syllable, becoming more of a "w" sound. So, my dear readers, maybe y’all can help settle this once and for all. by Larry Mal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:07 pm, Post Get your answers by asking now. Don't sweat the small stuff. jag-yoo-er] –noun a large spotted … The name came from the animal, the word for which is from a south American language, jagua or yaguar, in which it would be pronounced sort of yag-wah so jagwire and jag-ewe-ar or any of our "English" pronunciations are all about equally valid, I'd say. Don't sweat the small stuff. I always get annoyed that those commercials trying to make it sound all sophisticated and fancy lol. Americans typically say jag-wahr for both the auto and the feline. Would you like to see NFL refs armed with tasers to help break up fights on the field? by sirspens » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 pm, Post And then there are differences that seem to … Although we both emphasize the first syllable, Jaguar is pronounced “JAG-you-ar” in the U.K. and more like “JAG-wahr” here. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Apparently saying Nikey-Air is weird, so it becomes NI-kair. And of course, there’s Hyundai, pronounced “HUN-day” in the U.S, but, as Top Gear viewers will know, “HI-un-die” in the U.K. And here, we have a clear answer about the correct pronunciation: the U.K .version is an Anglicized version, which the company, nevertheless, seems to go along with. Nobody gives you the right to call people stupid. Porsche (mentioned in the original piece) is treated differently on both sides of the Pond, as is Nissan and Fiat, although those differences aren’t as big as Hyundai and Celica. Let’s Hit Shoreditch’s Cafés. How to say jaguar. The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate. Is this sentence correct English  ? All rights reserved. Why would anyone think that announcing they own a Jaguar would impress people. You don’t have a category for me. P.S. you should avoid talking to people about cars though if you feel so strongly about it... :|. The U.S. follows the Korean pronunciation. It's a proper noun for gosh sakes! Obama targets Georgia senators in final pitch for Dems, Iconic restaurant chain files for bankruptcy, For a closing argument, Trump attacks LeBron, Fox ratchets up parenting spat with estranged husband, Don't know how you caught COVID-19? The name came from the animal, the word for which is from a south American language, jagua or yaguar, in which it would be pronounced sort of yag-wah so jagwire and jag-ewe-ar or any of our "English" pronunciations are all about equally valid, I'd say. I mean, what kind of person says something like that without making himself seem like a pompous, arrogant prick? I worked for a company called WANG. pronunciation of Jaguar. by scottT » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:13 pm, Post Here, it’s Pan-TEEN to rhyme with canteen (which, incidentally Americans, is a British word for “cafeteria”) while in the U.K. it’s Pan-TEN.

Empress Of Ireland Skeletons, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Michael Scott Gif Its Happening, Famous Chinese Wizards, Waco News 25 Crime Beat, Zoe Laverne Number, Comandante Grinder Used, Keep America Great 2020 Coin, Wide Ruled Paper Vs College Ruled Paper, How To Copy Fortnite To Another Pc 2020,