orange vise vs kurt

I'll be offering to under write the cost of sending it back. The bad: look into cost for jaws before buying - they are expensive for what you get. gib-like hold-downs to prevent the movable jaw from lifting. This We have moved away from keyways on our redesigned vises and there are several reasons for this change. We made some of our own fixed jaws for them because we had literally tons of cutoffs of aluminum alloy blocks laying around. To move the movable jaw, a cross pin at the bottom of the socket head cap

These vises count on the accurate adjustment and I am sure that there are many good people out there that are lawyers, and in actuality my distaste is more for the "practice" than the person. These vises incorporate a mechanism, originally created by the Kurt Manufacturing Company, that directs a portion of the force from the vise screw into a vertical direction to hold the movable jaw down on the vise base. That's probably the fist complaint I heard about Orange Vise. How far out is it? They have a pretty wide line with a lot of good vises. Thank you for your response. accurate angle. check out the. centers of the cylinders), you can easily calculate the distance that the Some vises use a passive mechanism, such as retainers under the vise ways to Wow now all they have to do is convince all the tool an die shops and other who have ground parts for years they are wasting money and life will be good. We just ordered our first vice from them and some people are complaining that the vice was not ground that, the whole thing is milled. The versatility is big, if it's at all a dealbreaker then forget it. Thank you for your in depth response. They also have adapters for their jaws to install kurt 6' jaws onto them so you can use your inventory of jaws until you change over completely.

The closed off center alone is worth the switch.

6 Inch Vises made 100% in the USA by Orange Vise Company. I thought they were made in SoCal but apparently their whole manufacturing has moved about 30 minutes away from us. This http://www.shars.com/products/toolholding-workholding/vise/6-660u-cnc-milling-machine-vise-0-0004-1. and easy to use. 1 review for Kurt ® CrossOver® Vise – DX6. created or purchased to secure the screwless vise to the mill table. On my machines, the left half of the table has two 4" double lock vises and the right side has either a standard 6" kurt single station or the 4th axis unit. I'm genuinely curious, as we may be getting a couple more vises soon. The Toolex dual lock is the best vise by far IMHO. In the video it does show it being ground.

As with all Kurt products, our hydraulic vises come with the Lifetime Iron Clad Warranty™ proving that you’re getting a top-quality Kurt product. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Because there must This 6” Kurt vise achieves new levels in precision and performance where flatness and parallelism are important, and it’s a better vise than our own D688 in every way we measure a vise.

At the end of the day if you need something that needs doing that these vises can't do fast... Don't trade in ALL your old vises.

The drama will in all probability happen here as well - "Orange Vise" is mentioned/listed in at least 9 seperate threads here on HSM, including this one: yes I did and u better keep the drama over there unless you want george to get takedown notices as well. It was just people expecting to see all surfaces ground and they are not. Kurt and Orange both have the open center for chips to pile up. the parallels in the vise. I could imagine that it could work in a similar fashion. It's The DX6 vice that I ordered from Kurt is a jewel of machining. They deliver on promises but fall short on versatility - If you can sacrifice that and have the coin to spend on them long term then go for it. Space blocks come in a set of various thicknesses can be assembled to form a riser of a specific thickness. And once you cut into the anodizing, synthetic coolant really does a job on the aluminum. A sine vise is not rigid enough for every-day work. More involved than that I know, but don't think the adverse publicity is going to be helping them at all. that said, they hold pretty well. Get your money back and buy a Chick One Lok, and don't look back. In your guys experience how do they perform compared to Kurt vices? Cookies help us deliver our Services. But it sounds like Kurt makes just what you're looking for. I don't have any of their vises, but I don't care for the threaded holes in the sliding surface. I'm speaking of the double station. You use space blocks I don't have a sub plate on either machine, but I intend to make a small vise mounting plate for each of the 4" vises. The vise is tightened with a socket head One significant differentiator between vises is the mechanism that holds the IF they got a judge to make a court order like this (about as likely as sending a man to Mars .... in a hot air balloon) it would go to the forum server co. the axis of rotation of the vise body. The Toolex starts off as a jaw vice and then expands to fit any need. I have 10 of the Toolex Vises (4" & 6") and they work great. Many companies have the vises & jaws in stock within overnight range. into a vertical direction to hold the movable jaw down on the vise base. Sign up for a new account in our community. precisely at a known distance from the axis of rotation. To defend myself from a huge corp just so they could play the "lets see if we can bankrupt the guy ? there must be some clearance to allow the jaw to slide, there is always some

of lift as the vise jaws are tightened.

Watch Scooby Doo Frankencreepy 123movies, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife,