north american super slam cost

Gary Martin(Archery #14)71. I have harvested all the big dollar ones now luckily on the first hunt.Dang hunts go so fast you really have to enjoy every minute of it.
That is a great point Jake.

I think for me my favorite memeorie so far is when i took my dad to the yukon for his bull moose, floated the wind river in a zodiak, times that them you just dont forget. I am kind of in the same boat. For most people, that doesn't happen just sitting behind a computer. Jim Horneck(Archery #24)122. Jim Shockey(Muzzleloader #1)45. 00069. Jack Frost(Archery #4)37. Outfitted desert and rocky hunts are up there, so I'm playing the lottery draw game like other hunters. Some guys who have the NA 29 have done several desert sheep hunts. But like everything else in bowhunting...it takes some major luck. I have been blessed with an opportunity to travel the world and hunt for TV. If you miss on brown bear or griz then you are over that. One other point that I will mention is this..... if you just want to experience the thrill of hunting every big game animal on our continent, you might also want to consider contacting outfitters and asking if they offer a "management" hunt....or even consider the option of taking a cow, nanny, ewe, or doe of a given species....IF the experience of hunting for a given species gives you more satisfaction than the antlers on the wall. Wasn't Tom's last one to get into the book a black bear?? Jay Furney111.

I missed a ram on the 6th day and never had another chance. Going home with meat was usually a higher priority than going home with a bigger set of antlers. Met you at that great caribou migration hunt at Blackstone when you also took your griz.

I AM the "AVERAGE JOE" hunter. Archie Nesbitt(Archery #6)46. I talked to my buddy Bowslam today he has a sheep slam. Alot of things in life are negotiable, including outfitted hunts! Edward D. Yates75. I'm only an hourly working guy, but many of you can get most of these animals if you REALLY put your mind to it. Cheaper with a gun than a bow. Lion hunt at an RMEF auction....for $1,800.00. Darren Collins(Archery #8)57. However I will have to be happy with hunting them once and hopefully being successful. James Brogan105.

This feat that has never before been accomplished. Doug Yajko52. The Super Ten of North American big game has become the most popular award within the Grand Slam Club/Ovis family.

Our team is looking forward to helping you find your next adventure. August 25, 2015. Some guys who have the NA 29 have done several desert sheep hunts. But that's me! However, sitting before a campfire on a mountain, reliving the hunt of that day as you lean against your backpack sipping on a hot toddy sure is a valuable and memorable part of every hunt that I have fortunate enough to experience.

Guess it depends on what quality of animals you are looking for. caribou . By keeping my opportunities open, I was lucky enough to take many animals I may have already killed. I can just hear my wife when I tell her I'm going to spend $650,000+ for a bunch of heads on the wall (that's all it would mean to her). Think of it this way- the TV camera greatly reduces the hunt success... and if an outfitter comps a hunt he expects advertising.. what if you don't kill or miss, or etc./? So far, I have been able to hunt 14 species, and have seen 22 in the wild on hunts including all the sheep. It only gives you a miss on a few big tickets. louis. Keep plugging away one species at a time and sooner or later you can do it. But killing 100 deer with a bow on public land WAS. By Ron Spomer.

Few bowhunters have taken Archery's Slam (all 29 species of North American Game Animals) and even fewer have done it as efficiently as Jake Ensign. I’ve never attempted the slam. I have been fortunate to be able to hunt quite a bit. I have met those who have killed animals from Africa to Alaska, all the sheep and Big 5, and have been more excited about a dairy queen dipped cone than the way they remembered the "accomplsihment" of which they just completed. After we discussed this thread he said,"What if I told you I am going to run a marathon in all 50 states-would you care...OR..would you care more if I ONLY wanted to qualify for the Boston marathon and spent EVERY year trying to get there, never seeing another state but in my heart that is what I wanted?

No one sets out to spend the kind of money we are talking about. Bruce Tatarchuk130. My guess is take a looong time and be the best hunter around and live in AK canada etc and get it done for $250k, do all guided and score every time $650k (from Tom M).

I have had a great hunting life. One: I have to be in shape to hunt the mountains, guided or not! That is a combination of gun and bow. The Bow Slam just don't mean the same for everybody.

I can imagine how hard it is to ascend some of those mountains in that thin air. Hunts run approximately $15,000-45,000.

He just smiled and said..." exactly.". Mark’s goal is to become the first person to do the slam three times, once each with a Bow, Muzzleloader and Rifle.

We got hit with bad weather and to make a long story short I got a ram on day 20. Craig Boddington128. No one in my family hunts and none of my friends really do either, so DIY except for Deer in my home state is out of the question. pat garrett.

Greg Bond43. Are the majority of the hunts free, reduced or full price? Maybe collect a few species that are more easily attainable.

Hugh Jacks100. 1.2M would mean if you took an average of three hunts for each species (87 hunts total)the average hunt cost you ~ $14,000 !! Frank Hibben (D)6. Richie Bland(Archery #9)61. Tom did it right so there is no doubt that's a honest figure.Nice job. Dan: I priced it out in 2001 using the BSC catolog and it came to around 350k. Ron Bartels60. Tom Hoffman was the first to get all NA animals and have them ALL qualify for Pope & Young Club. The quest for a super slam would be amazing, not to mention a massive accomplishment. All I was doing is pointing out that a super slam with a bow will cost more than a super slam with a rifle or a super slam for someone who just wants the species. Im a moron for posting because some of mine were killed with a rifle. And the best part is all DIY ,. My stance wasn't on whether one was better, tougher or more expensive, but that if the hunter is doing it for the right reasons-it should be applauded. Greg Oliver97. I always stock up at the duty free when returning home..... Just to get a dimes worth in, back when I drank, preferred R&R. Roger Card58. It gave me a chance to upgrade and I now have over 20 animals toward a second slam. This set also comes with 21 seperate red smaller proof of authenticity certificates also that state they are proofs that are .999 fine silver,31.1 grams, 39mm dia.This set comes with a set of 28 trading cards with animal info description/habitat on one side and a picture of the animal on the other. I need a guide in Canada, but I tell my guide where I am going and what I am doing.I have hunted alot of other species multiple times, I never hunted a single animal just to check it off the list and I don't know many that have. I hunt Whitetails every year( guided and DIY). Gary Martin perhaps. That necessarily gets me out of Colorado for even more varied experiences. Are there some people out there who will check things off a list, sure. Someone should put all 28 in a fence so you can do them all in a weekend. Gary Ingersoll15. Al Maki123.

I have decided to try for the big 10, just for the heck of it. It takes time, money and ambition to get them all. James Steward158. On the Coins 1 side depicts an eagle Clenching a Gun in the center, surroundint it states" North American Hunting Club" "one troy ounce-.999 fine silver". Two: I have to be able to afford it (I'm not a silverspoon boy), makes me a better businessman.

William M. Lauer159. They do a ton for conservation.Or is that just toilet read too. By the way, the Super Slam isn't on my radar..but another goal is...I'll let you know when I get there :). ", I said, "Cheaper with a gun than a bow.

I don't get any vibe that some of these hunters are any different than you or I. Sometimes the journey is more than the destination.
Tundra and willow habitat in Alaska is home to colossal brown bears. Lastly, one can not do the Super Slam without being in decent physical shape. Hobson Reynolds151. My wife spends that much yearly on her Super Slam. It is for the memories and adventure and travel and challenges that it blesses the hunter with. I always referred to that trip as the best I was ever on because if I killed that ram on the 6th day I would never have hunted the Canadian Rockies for 21 days.The "one that got away" scenario? Come on Lotto! If they are hunting they are hunters!

This hunting is filled with a punch of egos that need to be stroked ,, Im the first with a stic bow , im the first women to kill this , ans so on and so on .. What purpose does the mag serve except maybe some good toliet read ,, and correct me if im wrong u have to pay to have yr name in it once u complete yr slam .... louis, For all u hardcore bowhunters , the super ten can be killed with a crossbow and entered ,,, LOL like i said its good toliet read at best . Bill Nye137. Nathan Andersohn(Archery #30)148. I would say the range is $250k to 1 million, and it also makes a huge deal if you are including airfare, mounts, what the wifespends when you are gone etc. Remo Pizzagalli47. It is undoubtedly amazing that these people can accomplish such a quest, quite a privilege if you ask me. Tom Place44. Don Corley21. OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL. That fist hunt and last hunt are now tied for my best hunts ever. And CityHunter, to address your last statement " I don't need to let the world know about it just some folks i call friends is good enough for me" good for you. But a guy could kill a cow tule for 5K. And mathews man you are correct, a supportive spouse is the most important. There is more shame in not following your dreams and your heart than doing so-even if it takes $ and time few of us have.

If a man wants to spend his life chasing the 29, see the many ecosystems of NA, and maybe or maybe not get there...that is something to be proud of. Alan Stone29. I myself have been on both types .. All my whitetails are DIY whereas with the stress of my job and day to day activities -I love guided hunts as I can learn about techniques see great country and do both much faster than if was on my own. The 29 animals can be broken down into 10 different categories. Kent Deligans(Second Slam, 2014)59. Unless you have inherited money, the fact that this endeavor is pricey to say the least makes it even more impressive. the added difficulty, time, and cost of doing that surpasses anyone else tallying all 29 with no camera in tow. Gary Young116. Tom Miranda You are awesome! DAN it would be best 4 the avg guy to move around in order to cut his cost down , a few years in ak and one can hunt a brown bear grizz dall yukon moose and others, in BC the list continues. I was hoping someone with first hand knowledge would chime in on this. I have no clue on certain aspects and the safety factor alon eon some hunts is not worth the risk. If in doubt I will over price the hunt to be sure to cover everything. Lets get this back on track. Gail Holderman (D)19. Who cares what someone's reasoning is as to why they pursue what.

Paul Rochester18. If a guy were to move up to Alaska for a few years it would be fairly reasonable and affordable to get to say 16 or 20 of the species.

Personally i like to see bulls with the rifle hunters , not cows. Mnt Caribou hunt this past year sold for $2900!!! Ken Vorisek(Archery #18)89. Super Slam!

Ebay Canada Purchase History, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane,