myka stauffer reddit
She filled her feed with filtered photos and talks of fulfilling a “calling from God.” Her depiction of parenting a child who has autism were similarly far-fetched. Is anyone else not convinced that Huxley is actually with a family who has professional medical experience? She said in one of her old videos she dumped him after they got engaged and started planning their wedding. The Stauffers enforced harsh disciplinary tactics. I hope she conferred with true experts to identify her son’s needs and the right parents to address them with love and appropriate therapy. I’ve also adopted two children with special needs from China. A petition demanding that the Stauffers remove “MONETIZED YouTube videos exploiting a special needs child” has more than 150,000 signatures and counting. Especially her. EXACTLY what I thought right off the bat when I saw a video of hers for the first time. I think he basically went along with it. “There’s so much pressure to put out a very simple, happy story where all the pieces line up and the child comes home and there are no problems,” said Abbie Goldberg, a psychologist at Clark University who studies adoption. Myka and James Stauffer are YouTubers who have faced backlash after sharing a video in which they revealed they “rehomed” their four-year-old adopted son Huxley, who is autistic. .ehsOqYO6dxn_Pf9Dzwu37{margin-top:0;overflow:visible}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu{height:24px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu{border-radius:2px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:focus,._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:hover{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10);outline:none}._38GxRFSqSC-Z2VLi5Xzkjy{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT{border-top:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);cursor:pointer;padding:8px 16px 8px 8px;text-transform:none}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT:hover{background-color:#0079d3;border:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-body)} I watched one video on bilibili.com and she took all her kids to the playground when 2/4 of them had pinkeye. A child might resist posing for a staged family photo altogether, a staple of the Stauffers’ Instagram feed. That in itself says lot about societal attitudes that still need to change. I’ve seen many children like the Stauffers’ son come through my office who have moved on from challenging behaviours, learned to communicate well, and have gone on to lead happy and fulfilling lives. Slate is published by The Slate Group, a Graham Holdings Company. It seems crazy that James is not being held to the same standard as Myka and can continue on youtube and make thousands of dollars. So on that twitter feed he teased the youtube video. By joining Slate Plus you support our work and get exclusive content. They have accused the family of white saviorism and profiting off Huxley. On Instagram, adoption content is overwhelmingly inspirational in tone. They could have shown what it’s like to orchestrate therapies and services for a preschooler that is comparable in intensity to an Olympic training schedule. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The title makes it sound flippant but I'm low key terrified to say anything about it. The scariest part is so many of these people are adults, not super impressionable children. I did read about them doing some sketchy stuff but you can’t antagonize your tweens about their interests, I’ve learned. i hate the fact that Huxley is even still in the picture. Afterward, they kept their hundreds of thousands of viewers updated on the boy’s growth and his relationships with their biological children. I’m intimately familiar with both issues, what’s involved in each, and the painful stereotypes that still persist. I thought only her eldest had a different father and all the rest of her bio kids were with her husband? Same, she sounds and looks dumb. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. “Content creators like the Stauffers center themselves and their experiences in ways that render adopted young people as props, objects to shore up adults’ narratives of themselves,” said Jenny Heijun Wills, author of the 2019 adoption memoir Older Sister. I was shocked to find out that her husband has almost one million subs on a channel devoted to the compelling world of car detailing. Held him for 3 years before finally deciding it wasn’t the “right fit” 3.) “The best thing to say about my brand is that [what] I try to focus on in my life and in parenting is the reality that it is hard and that you don’t have to do it alone,” she said in that interview. We outlined every possible “worst case scenario” for our children and cancelled all social plans for the months after bringing them home. I appreciated this woman’s story.

Strange Things Are Happening Song 2020, Kim Ji-hye - Wikipedia, Jacuzzi J-vsp150 Variable Speed, Loyola Schedule Of Classes New Orleans, Flag Semaphore Font, Tacoma World Tire, Olx Scorpio Delhi 2013, 26 Inch Mountain Bike, One Week Movie Cast, Renew Life Uk Reviews,