joanna taylor murphy instagram
I suffered an allergic reaction to an apple-pie fragranced lip balm many years ago, and having read that cinnamon oil can be used as a lip plumper, I made the connection between my sore, swollen lips and the cinnamon in the lip balm. Furthermore, it is also reported as an allergen in CosIng, the European Commission database for information on cosmetic substances and ingredients. The ingredient is known to cause contact allergy, which means that it can cause an allergic reaction to your skin. Thank you for this information! I eventually found my natural, Lavender-scented washing detergent to be containing Hexyl-cinnamal. Skin care products and cosmetics use Hexyl Cinnamal in low concentrations, and it is therefore considered a safe ingredient. Few/no known or suspected hazards to health or the environment, Limited potential for hazards to health or the environment, Some potential for hazards to health or the environment, Likely hazards to health or the environment, Potentially significant hazards to health or the environment. Made my arms break out. Hexyl Cinnamal is a natural ingredient used in perfumes and other beauty products as a fragrance additive. Some Concern. “Hexyl cinnamaldehyde or hexyl cinnamal, with the chemical formula C15H20O, is typically produced via a crossed-aldol condensation reaction between octanal and benzaldehyde.” – Hexyl cinnamal wikipedia. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. Cancer. Luckily, it was only a few days this time before I found the culprit. If you are experiencing a hexyl cinnamal allergy, skin irritation or rash, either acute or delayed, it is advisable to: Furthermore, this substance is also classified as hazardous to the aquatic environment, labeled both as an acute hazard and a long-term, chronic, hazard. However, if you for example find hexyl cinnamal in hair products such as shampoo, it is likely synthetic. Hi Shelly, sorry to hear that. My face began burning and even after washing it is continuing. Sometimes you will also encounter hexyl cinnamal cas number, 101-86-0, on the products you view. Hexyl cinnamal is one of the ingredients of ‘foaming shower gel’ of Rituals. It is especially common to find in perfume fragrance compounds and in personal care products such as creams and lotions. In addition to allergic-type reactions, concerns have been raised about the relative ease of which octyl methoxycinnamate is absorbed into the skin and may promote the generation of potentially harmful free radicals. This ingredient is in dr Teals pure epsom salt soaking solution. 2- (PHENYLMETHYLENE)- OCTANAL, ALPHA-HEXYLCINNAMALDEHYDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HEXYL CINNAMIC ALDEHYDE, HEXYLCINNAMIC ALDEHYDE, OCTANAL, 2 (PHENYLMETHYLENE), and OCTANAL, 2- (PHENYLMETHYLENE)-. However, the DIMDI (German Institute of Medical Documentation and Information) rates it as a Class B allergen when used in high concentrations (Wikipedia). ECHA says that hexyl cinnamal (hexyl cinnamaldehyde) is very toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects. Please also be aware that allergy is one thing and sensitivity is another….the former can be treated the latter not. You can find the EWG’s full report on the dangers of Febreze … It took months of going through my cosmetics, checking ingredients lists, with sore chapped lips being something I just dealt with each day. EPA Hazard-Based Prioritizations - Risks - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Recognized by the European Union as a skin allergen. At least some ingredient disclosure. Limited potential for hazards to health or the environment.

I Will Treat You How You Treat Me Quotes, Nj Dmv Inspection, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Subsidies, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Kenny G Backing Track, Stellaris Necroids How To Play, Clogged Meaning In Urdu, Should I Stay Or Should I Leave, United Rentals News,