how to replace forward slash in java

I can't figure out why the following code doesn't behave as expected "Hello/You/There".replaceAll("/", "\\/"); How to handle missing categorical data in python, Copyright ©document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); All Rights Reserved. How do I remove backslashes from a JSON string?, As the character we want to remove is a special case you have to escape it using a backslash, otherwise the code will read the double forward slash as a comment and so stop processing the line. When I try to remove it in ruby, it considers the quote after the backslash as an escape character.

How to remove forward and backward slashes from string in javascript, You can just replace \/ or ( | ) \\ to remove all occurrences: var str = "//hcandna\\" console.log( str.replace(/\\|\//g,'') );. or just use indexOf if(str.indexOf("/") > -1).

Using the following way, we can easily replace a backslash in Java. Tags: Javascript, Quick tip. someString.replace(/\//g, "-"); Live example, Replace forward slash "/ " character in JavaScript string?, To escape them, put a backslash ( \ ) in front of it.

Remove all backslashes in Javascript, How to remove all backslash in a JavaScript string ? Little side note about  I have string of the following format. As the forward slash (/) is special character in regular expressions, it has to be escaped with a backward slash (\). How to replace before first forward slash - JavaScript? replace(/\\\//g, "/"); This will specifically match the "\/" pattern so that you don't unintentionally remove any other backslashes that there may be in the URL (e.g. How to replace string using JavaScript RegExp? You can use the substr function once or twice to remove characters from string. In the example I need to split a string containing a document path.

You can just replace like this, var someString = "23/03/2012"; someString. Just paste your backslash-escaped text in the form below, press Strip Slashes button, and all backslashes get unescaped. As the forward slash (/) is special character in regular expressions, it has to be escaped with a backward slash (\). How to replace leading zero with spaces - JavaScript. Forward slash in Java Regex, The problem is actually that you need to double-escape backslashes in the replacement string. Is there a PHP function that only adds slashes to double quotes NOT single quotes, How to replace backward "\" slash from a string, Loop backward in array of objects JavaScript, How to trust backward compatibility with HTML5. MySQL query to replace part of string before dot. As the character we want to remove is a special case you have to escape it using a backslash, otherwise the code will read the double forward slash as a comment and so stop processing the line. The other day I was working on some Java code and I needed to split a string by backslash.

Split a URL in JavaScript after every forward slash? I think that's more efficient and understandable than using new RegExp, but of course it needs a comment to identify the hex code. JavaScript regex with escaped slashes does not replace, Your regex is perfect, and yes, you must escape slashes since JavaScript uses the slashes to indicate regexes. Hi , I am tried to replace the backslash with the forward slash.

Ben Griffiths Journalist Ridge, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To,