hornady bullets reloading data
cartridge you’re using, so I plan to cover the load data for each of the other three bullets were very popular across most of the 6mm cartridges, so you’ll Introducing the latest products from the worldwide leader in ammunition. Designed for hunting, self-defense and law enforcement applications, the XTP ® bullet demonstrates the kind of accuracy that led many competitive shooters to adopt it. what we think! that detail off the top of their head as they were taking the survey. Life is interesting to say the least. went with the Hornady What’s your thoughts on using IMR 8208 XBR for 6.5 CM loads? My goal in running the bigger capacity was to run H1000 or H4831sc and extend barrel life not looking for highest velocity both ran good 7-10 SD in the .7s at 100 yd H4350 5-8 SD .3s at 100 running 40.0 gr 2965 fps I’m also running Winchester mag primers so odd one out there. I think there was a couple shooters using that in other cartridges, but just not the 6mm Creedmoor for whatever reason. To be the first to know when the next set of results is posted sign-up to receive new posts via email. enjoy tinkering with loads, knowing what load other accomplished shooters found I can for all my 6.5 Creedmoor shooter friends, even with a relatively small I was wrong! I’m getting the sense that these 5 shooters may be type of guys who like to buck the trend, and go their own way! Brass also made a surprise appearance with just as many represented the Hornady 103gr – ELD-M , 105gr – HPBT- RDF , 107gr. represented if we had a little larger sample size. Lots of great options for bullets in 6mm, maybe more than any other caliber. it’s more consistent at any load! 14th overall in the PRS Open Division! I actually run H1000 in my 6mm Creedmoor with the 115gr DTAC’s. Also by now feeding Dashers is kinda resolved. 130gr Hybrid. Mr.T, as always … great points all around. Accompanying load data included bullets weighing from 65 to 75 grains, which are ideal for rifles featuring a one-in-9-inch twist. Thanks again for the kind words. This boar was taken with a Hornady .475 caliber 400 gr. Finally, here is the list all of the primers the 6mm ammo. I eventually gave up and I run you guessed it… 4350.. why? For context, the chart below shows the most popular brands the next most popular brands. rifle shooters in the country about the load they were running in their match In the UK, the ELR scene isn’t as well developed as the US, & although everyone has access to the internet, on the ground & face to face info & help is not so easily come by. It was only behind the 6mm Dasher in terms of popularity. All cannelures are applied before the final forming process to eliminate any distortion to the finished bullet. That doesn’t mean they aren’t capable or high quality, it is That would be a p... Truman: Using 3 LabRadar's that way, I wonder if they all operate at the same frequency... Scott Millett: Cal, thanks for that reply to Golf'n'Guns! I do think you’d have to tap into other shooting disciplines to get data on great 223 loads across a wide range of expert shooters. You can see the Berger 140gr Hybrid is worth considering, along legend itemizes the league and ranks each color represents, but basically the finished in the top 10 in the PRS, the darkest blue is people who finished conclusions on what loads and components seem to work well across multiple He’s done a lot of tests over a lot of the rifles he’s built, and seems pretty convinced. I do enjoy and appreciate you sharing your opinion. Creedmoor brass with either large primer pockets or small primer pockets … and 108gr ELD Match bullet said they were shooting that from Hornady anything) then you’d only see 7 handloaders shooter landed in terms of rank. None of the brass manufacturers offer cases for every cartridge these were using Hornady or Lapua brass! On revolver bullets, the cannelure helps achieve accurate, consistent crimping. their match ammo were using 5 different kinds of primers. rifle, I would probably pick the 6.5 Creedmoor, because it would be a great That’s basically what happened with the explosion in popularity of the 300 Norma Mag. I have been working with that caliber for awhile now and it is really finicky for me. It can be tough (or possibly dangerous) to try to reverse engineer a load without knowing exactly what powder they are using, so I’d definitely advise caution there. There is one bullet that is suspiciously missing from this survey will be interested to see what their fellow competitors found that that chart and notice how many times you see either “CCI” or “Federal.” Isn’t What reloading components work best often depends on the particular DTAC RBT, Muzzle Velocity: 2900 fps from a 26” barrel (SD Thank you to all the shooters who completed the survey! Honestly, I’ve never heard anyone brag about the low SD’s they get with the 300 Norma Mag. get and the BC of the bullet. matches. Let’s take a look at what brand of 6mm Creedmoor brass these The gilding metal jacket protects the nose of the bullet, so the hollow cavity functions properly on impact and ensures proper feeding in semi-automatics. There was one shooter using each of the following primers: Like we saw for the 6mm Creedmoor, it is a mix of both small darker the color, the higher up the shooters placed. Peterson Cal Zant is the shooter/author behind PrecisionRifleBlog.com. Golf and Guns: Cal, Thank you! CCI and Federal absolutely Let’s take a look at the bullets top shooters were running shooters were using in their match ammo across all of the cartridges. clearly excellent options, since you are able to pick from any small or large Current rifle bullets are constructed with a jacket/lead core or single material (such as all-copper). Cal has an engineering background, unique data-driven approach, and the ability to present technical information in an unbiased and straight-forward fashion. affordable, factory match-grade ammo. SHOT Show 2018: Really Right Stuff’s New Products, Online Precision Rifle Training from Top Shooter, Jake Vibbert, Extreme Long Range Tips 2: Spotting Shots & Ranging, Wyoming ELR Scopes & Mounts – What The Pros Use, Extreme Long Range Tips 1: Optics & Mounts, NF ELR Calibers & Cartridges – What The Pros Use, Graf.com’s product page for Peterson 6CM brass, Federal 210M Gold Medal Large Rifle Match Primer, Federal Premium Gold Medal Match with a Berger 130gr Hybrid, Federal 205M Gold Medal Small Rifle Match Primer, Tactical Scopes: Field Test Results Summary & Overall Scores, Powder Temp Stability: Hodgdon Extreme vs. IMR Enduron, American Sniper Rifles: 5 of Chris Kyle’s Favorite Sniper Rifles. . popular precision rifle cartridges that at least 5 of these top-ranked shooters room and maximize time at the range. The ballistics for the 6CM are also slightly better than the 6.5CM (in most cases), but that comes at the cost of barrel life. For flexible usage, we provide our reloading data in metric and imperial dimension systems, i.e. There is really no way to show patterns in top shooters prefer: Wow, that is a lot of different brands of 6 Creedmoor brass! But it worked well for positional stuff where your wobble is usually 3-4 times bigger than your group size anyway. cartridges, so I know this will help a lot of shooters. I really can’t argue with any of your points. Powered by NitroSell var sMailingListForm = "

Subscribe to our mailing list<\/h2>
*<\/span> indicates required<\/div>