hebrew names male
The name means “Who is like God?”, Mordechai: Mordechai was Queen Esther's cousin in the Book of Esther. Nadav: means "generous” or “noble.” Nadav was the eldest son of the High Priest Aaron. Alon: means "oak tree." Michael: Michael was an angel and messenger of God in the Bible. Isaiah: From the Hebrew for “God is my salvation.” Isaiah was one of the prophets of the Bible. "​, Aryeh: Aryeh was an army officer in the Bible. In the bible, this is the name of a son of Aaron who was slain (along with his brother Nadab ) by God for offering incense contrary to the law. “Dori” means “my generation.”, Dotan: Dotan, place in Israel, means "law. The relationship between the two names is obvious: Abraham was the father of our nation ( Gen. 17:5) . Set (Seth): Set was the son of Adam in the Bible. Hillel means praise. Yitzhak means "he will laugh.”. The name means “warrior, warlike.”. The name means "endless joy. Suggest Name. Carmel: means "vineyard" or "garden." ", Itamar: Itamar was Aharon's son in the Bible. Eli: Eli was a High Priest and the last of the Judges in the Bible. Adiel: means "adorned by God" or "God is my witness. Daniel was a pious and wise man in the Book of Ezekiel. … The name means “joined” or “attendant upon.”. Chai is also an important symbol in Jewish culture. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Please read our Disclaimer. Boaz: Boaz was King David's great-grandfather and Ruth's husband. Yonah means "dove.". Aharon (Aaron): Aharon was the older brother of Moshe (Moses). These precious names are taken from the Bible or the Talmud, give significance to the child and his/her life. Research the meanings behind the names and their connections to the Jewish faith. Jethro: means "abundance, riches.” Jethro was Moses’ father-in-law. As each name has a great meaning, it adds to the charm of the name. The name means “praise.”, Zechariah (Zachary): Zachariah was a prophet in the Bible. International variations include... Read More, Jacob comes from the Latin name Iacobus, which was ultimately derived from the Hebrew name Ya’aqov. Hebrew Boy Names Beginning With "A". Gidon (Gideon): Gidon (Gideon) was a warrior-hero in the Bible. Check our list of favorite Hebrew boy names that hold a beautiful meaning. The symbol for this tribe is the olive tree. In Hebrew, Israel means “to wrestle with God.”, Issachar: Issachar was Jacob's son in the Bible. Aapeli Breathing. If you are searching for Hebrew Boy Names and Meanings, you are in the right place. (Also spelled Naphtali), Natan: Natan (Nathan) was the prophet in the Bible who reprimanded King David for his treatment of Uriah the Hittite. Chai: means "life." In the Bible, Michael is the archangel who led the... Read More, Daniel was derived from the Hebrew name Daniyyel, from the elements din, meaning “judge,” and ’el, “God.” The Book of Daniel in the Old Testament describes the Jewish prophet’s... Read More, Samuel was derived from the Hebrew name Shemu’el, meaning “told by God.” In the Old Testament, Samuel was one of the great judges and prophets of the Israelites, destined for a holy life from... Read More, Matthew is the English derivative of Matthaios, the Greek form of the Hebrew Mattiyahu, composed of mattan, meaning “gift” and yah, in reference to God. James is biblical (the name of two apostles in the New Testament), royal (kings of both England and Scotland), presidential (with more U.S.... Read More, Benjamin is derived from the Hebrew name Binyamin, from the elements ben, meaning “son” and yamin, “right hand.” In the Old Testament, Benjamin was the youngest of the twelve... Read More, Ethan derives from the Hebrew name Eitan. Boy: Hebrew,Israeli: Judaism: Abidin: Hebrew - Father of Knowledge; My Father Knows: Boy: German,Hebrew: Judaism: Abie: Father of Many; Diminutive of Abraham; Boy: German,Hebrew: Judaism: Abijah: The Lord is My Father; Gift of God, Hebrew - Yahweh is my father: Boy: German,Hebrew: Judaism: Abisha: My Lord is my father: Boy: Hebrew: Judaism: Abishai: One who is … Moses means “drawn out (of the water)” in Hebrew. You can choose from several different names that will suit your child. "​, Asher: Asher was a son of Yaakov (Jacob) and hence the name for one of the tribes of Israel.

Graduate Diploma In Law Open University, Diamondback Bike Price Philippines, Nj Dmv Inspection, Dead Cross - Bela Lugosi's Dead, Distance From Oslo To Bergen By Train, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Kenny G Backing Track, Succulent Shirt Urban Outfitters, Insignia Smart Tv Remoteiron Law Of Oligarchy Criticism, Lochthorn Car Sales Dumfries, Should I Stay Or Should I Leave, United Rentals News,