hackney wick football club
Under 18’s Boys academy These were predominantly male, but I always said from the start there was no point in founding a football club without a female team, too. “My best friend was stabbed right before my Ashford debut,” says Kasanga, who is currently completing an online course in criminology and psychology. “I was on the team bus when I heard. In 2017 the club merged with Middlesex County League club Hackney Wick, who had been founded in 2015 and played at Mabley Green in Hackney. “Prison can be a dark, lonely place, but playing football, or any form of exercise, allows you to forget that for just a moment. Within five seasons – thanks to Kasanga’s infectious enthusiasm and ability to raise funds – the so-called ‘Wickers’ are now playing semi-professionally in the Eastern Counties League and even made the preliminary round of the Emirates FA Cup in 2018-19. Earlier this year, Hackney Wick FC – the community club which continues to break boundaries and strip away stigmas – announced a special partnership with Nike that would see the sportswear giant kit out Hackney Wick for the 2019/20 season. Currently we run teams for youth ages 11-17 and a women’s team. Over almost a decade Kasanga moved from jail to jail, serving time at the likes of Feltham and Pentonville. Hackney Wick Football Club is a football club in London, England. Bobby Kasanga founded Hackney Wick Football Club in 2015; Hackney’s first ever semi professional football club in nearly a century. [2] After leaving, the club joined Division One of the Asian League. Bari Football Club was established in 1995 and played in the South Essex Football League until 1998. The jerseys were retailed on Nike’s Jersey Shop. Hackney Wick Football Club is a football club in London, England. [7], Coordinates: 51°47′58.80″N 0°37′35.81″E / 51.7996667°N 0.6266139°E / 51.7996667; 0.6266139, Local community football team Hackney Wick FC to turn semi-pro, Clapton groundsharers Hackney Wick to quit the Old Spotted Dog, "Clapton given seven days to find a ground in Old Spotted Dog crisis", "Many thanks to @Withamtownfc who will be accommodating us next season ensuring we keep our semi professional status. I was once a semi professional footballer who played for various teams in the Ryman and Conference leagues but because of the lack of opportunities locally and the influences of gangs and personal greed, I succumbed to a life of crime and was subsequently imprisoned on 2 occasions in my late teens and early 20s. Women’s Team (5-a-side, 7-a-side and 11-a-side) Time To Talk Day, much like our own Heads Up initiative, encourages everyone to be more open about their mental health, which is just as important in football as physical fitness. The Wickers In The Community Street Outreach team They then successfully applied to join the Essex Senior League, adopting the name London Bari. Under 16’s girls We also host a tournament with over 600 players from all of London’s 32 boroughs.”. [5] The merged club continued playing at the ground. Wherever they play next, Hackney Wick will continue to thrive, play a vital role in the community and promote not just football, but crime prevention and mental health awareness. The merged club took the Hackney Wick name and London Bari's place in the Essex Senior League. [2] After leaving, the club joined Division One of the Asian League. That was kind of a warning, and any normal human would have walked away from gang crime, but I just kept going and paid the price. “The original aim was to get former offenders, or youths susceptible to crime, off the streets of Hackney. [2] In 2011–12 the club won the Essex Corinthian Sunday Football League. Hackney is a huge catchment area with the potential to generate thousands of fans for a borough led team. Hit enter to search or ESC to close. Under 14’s Under 17’s We will work with our partners and network to identify at risk individuals and groups who would benefit from our engagement. After joining the Essex Senior League, London Bari started groundsharing with Clapton at the Old Spotted Dog Ground. Bobby Kasanga founded Hackney Wick Football Club in 2015; Hackney’s first ever semi professional football club in nearly a century. “Football can be a calming presence,” says Kasanga. We ARE a community supported and run football club for girls who want to play football and learn new skills, on and off the pitch. This again highlights the lack of infrastructure in place in the borough of Hackney. Be it providing free football coaching or helping out at various events our members come along and support. History. “Our male side is predominately black, but the women’s team is mostly white, made up with players from ‘gentrified’ Hackney. In recent months we volunteered at Abney Park for their 175 year anniversary, Run Hackney Marathon, Hackney Wicked Festival, Den City, Refugee Camps in France, Hackney Wick Women’s Institute, Fairtrade Foundation, Hackney Quest, Wick Award, Hackney Museum, homeless shelters, Scope charity and created &  hosted The Hackney Cup for Health which attracts 500 people annually. Bobby Kasanga founded Hackney Wick Football Club in 2015; Hackney’s first ever semi-professional football club in nearly a century. Like soldiers at war, they see shootings and stabbings and also have to deal with a new kind of peer pressure and abuse through the internet. I met him in McDonalds in Hackney when he was 17. We will now endeavour with our consortium to have our facilities very soon", "Four Essex Senior League clubs record highest attendance ever as Tons come to own – analysing figures during Clapton fans' boycott", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hackney_Wick_F.C.&oldid=982953188, Association football clubs established in 1995, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using football kit with incorrect pattern parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 11 October 2020, at 11:01. Hackney Wick FC is not your regular football club. “As a result, we provide football sessions for those dealing with mental health issues via our partnership with the Recovery College.

Nba Youngboy Songs About Family, Who Is The Closest Modern Relative Of The Trilobites?, Curran Dandurand Net Worth, Who Is Ron Desantis Father, Justin Sane A7x, Rio Carnival Floats Cost, Highland Lodge 5 Loch Rannoch, N'jobu Name Meaning, Vajra Armor Vajrapani,