gotta play dumb when they think you a fool king von
So far, no one has truly called the bluff. This ignorant sap was sure to be beheaded! “I am to be the king’s teacher,” the fool replied, never once breaking stride. Though there is much more that could be said on this matter, the relevance of this quotation to the point at hand should be quite clear, “The Book of Revelation uses the Roman concept of the spectacle, particularly the gladiatorial spectacle that formed one of the centrepieces of city-culture, and the visual spectacles of the Roman Imperial Cult. Make counter-accusations”. This Other is made up of the grotesque, strange creatures which function as caricatures of the Emperor and the Roman Empire itself. Hardly are those words outWhen a vast image out of Spiritus MundiTroubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desertA shape with lion body and the head of a man,A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun, Is moving its slow thighs, while all about itReel shadows of the indignant desert birds.The darkness drops again; but now I knowThat twenty centuries of stony sleepWere vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? When he arrived at the palace, the King was alerted to his presence, his guards informing him of this audacious visitor’s intentions. Finally, we can touch on the symbolism of the Antichrist, which suits Trump peculiarly well, we need to turn our eyes toward the Book of Revelations. What’s unusual is the notable dropping of the conservative facade as moral Traditionalists — Trump has grifted his followers into revealing their true nature. It’s quite likely the GOP vision of the future entails a concession, overt or not, of the reality of a world where they run the table and we maintain our regional authority. My fear is that Americans aren’t up to this particular task, we’ve never learned how to work together, poisoned with billions of dollars of propaganda and the basic nihilism of “I got mine”. Yet, there is nothing uniquely American about the underlying tautology of this position; it is reminiscent of the Chinese “Mandate of Heaven,” or the Mongol position in their reply to Christandom in the 13th century — to summarize, “we will know God is on our side, for we are victorious.”. We’ve invented a whole new class of problems purely as a result of sheer ignorance. The King, a great lover of games and jest, thought ‘. They often favour the deregulation of business, and drastically scaled-back government. Check your U.S. voter registration status or register to vote, billionaire families who are tipping the scales in national politics, the 21st Century will most likely be defined increasingly by Eastern tech-authoritarianism, especially China, end-of-civilization-in-our-children’s-lifetime calamity, Demonic Transgressions: Or How I Became A Buddhist Luciferian Pt. None of this is to say Clinton or Obama don’t have their own sins to speak for, but that is never the point. Authoritarians take full advantage of the opportunity for a platform. This does not bode well for the future of the dream of liberal society and democracy, when combined with Trump’s fairly obsequious stance toward the Eastern powers, despite his occasional rhetoric to the contrary, unless America gets its act together. This is the basest form of the lie, blaming your opponents for your own impropriety. Thanks. The convolution doesn’t end there, because in truth both parties should be “liberal” in a civilizational sense, or at least have been for the past century. Though liberal society could wage war against fascism across the ocean once upon a time, as we helped the communists crush German nazism and met the ultranationalism of Japan head-on in the 1940s, it has no apparent defenses when its trappings take hold from the inside. Our hope for a moral center isn’t coming from the conservative senators and pastors, it’s coming from the people they call the enemy. Given the fate of the Panama Papers, and the journalist who exposed it, let’s just say I have my concerns. This is absolute nonsense, as anyone who has any understanding of the manner that wealth is generally acquired and maintained, namely through the manipulation and control of labor, production, and the reinvestment of returns. […], The intent in imperial expansion is to take the Other and make it Roman, rather than to give power to the Other by allowing it to remain on its own terms. Due to their lowly status, however, fools are often ignored by nobles at court, leaving them in the perfect position to overhear secrets. Even the leadership in his own party have repeatedly demonstrated they are in on the “joke,” that our president is a buffoon and a walking disaster, and also worthy of umbrage. We think, I'm not a fool today. It has been speculated by a number of psychiatrists that he exhibits all the signs of Malignant Narcissism. Dontos the Red as a fool. Nova 29,677 views. (Though the reverse is not strictly true, to those who study these things. These myths (even “free will”) are also smokescreens for the reality which includes genocide, oppression, and suffering wreaked by centuries of colonialism and invasion a.k.a. I suggest watching the history documentary series The Long Shadow, currently available on Netflix, for a quick overview of the origins of these three political “ways”. This half of the story has lead many Americans to believe that the story is only genocide and greed, which is also simply not the case. Even if in the end our democracy never lived up to a single one of its myths, that does not excuse us for abandoning them as well. Power is a selection process, most of all; and what our society rewards is not good, if “good” can be conceived of as anything other than the blind purpose of a fool, lacking direction to the point that directionlessness becomes a singular raison d’être. ?”, The fool showed no sign of fear. All of our user’s data is 100% safe-guarded, and you’ll only, ever, hear from us. Liberalism is in decline. There is a reason we maintain a sense that debate is an inherently political act, that it is by reason alone that these decisions are made. This is a demeaning position for the mentally/physically handicapped, but better than simply being left in the woods to die as an infant. Narcissism is to some extent a natural condition of childhood, grown malignant and perverse. Orwell gave us a deliciously quotable paragraph on this subject in 1984. Many believed that human history had reached its end and liberalism was this end, as Francis Fukuyama triumphantly proclaimed in his famous book The End of History and the Last Man. If we reward cruelty, it will grow. “Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you.” — James 5:1. I hope I provide at least enough to grease the wheels, as the idiom goes. Taken all for all, America is neither exceptional in goodness nor badness, however, it is important that we recognize a necessary part of that society, even in its best times, has been a willful blindness toward our failings. Rome never fell, for all the differences intentional and accidental, America was fashioned partly as a Rome. Autocracy is autocracy; fascism is fascism. As the seas rise, Trump supporters will be drowning en masse in their backyards to own the libs. I have only so much space. The full scope of this is considered in my book Narrative Machines: Modern Myth, Revolution & Propaganda, but here we must underline the human cost of this assault. — Roger J. For him it manifests in a pathological need for attention and male approval, supremacy through dominance, which is clearly something we want in a Commander-In-Chief. Most of them don’t claim the same ideology as the people they’re manipulating. Our sense of self-awareness may be a little lacking. Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. The GOP are becoming more like Trump, or at least they’re trying. One of the many dangers of theology is that it can provide us a narrative that absolves us of all sins, makes us Chosen and demonstrably right regardless of what we do. All Americans have ostensibly lived in liberal society, in this overt civilizational sense, since at least the 1930s, characterized by an open society based on the rule of law, certain Rationalist economic theories (Adam Smith, Keynes, etc. It is seductive, despite the monstrous nature of the beast, to give in to its demands through the illusion of peace and prosperity, which is juxtaposed against the beastly desire to kill and consume.”.

Green Gobbler Overnight, Gauntlet Legends N64 Runestone Locations, Monster Warlord Equipment, Area Code 407, Sims 4 Npc List, Zelda 2 Hammer, Gk5 Turbo Kit, Teaching Textbooks App, Eric Pierpoint Commercial, Waymo Stock Price Per Share,