god makes me happy essay
In short, the biblical word for it is joy. I will take joy in the God of my salvation. But you do have to confess your sins and forsake them. The happiness God wants for you can be yours even in the midst of life’s worst pains and sorrows. Our most significant domestic crisis right now seems to be our health care. But he reminds his audience that if they walk in sin, they cannot have fellowship with God because He is a holy God (1 John 1:5-6). It’s really easy to do things in our own strength and rely on our own wits. If we begin with ourselves and our felt needs, we may have room for a spirituality that assists us in our self-realization and success in life, but the chief question will be how we can justify God in a world so obviously out of whack. Many of the great philosophers have attempted to answer the question: What makes people happy? I was so deppressed and guilty, I felt that I couldn’t face God but now I realize I can. Your subscription could not be saved. May the Lord strengthens you, comfort you and honor your prayers. This post have changed my life. 1 C. S. Lewis, “Answers to Questions on Christianity”, God in the Dock (DATA), 58 [back to text] Why would those things define the blessed life. But David shows us how important it is to trust God; a woman after God’s own heart puts her trust in the Lord. Things fail. May the grace of the Lord be with you. Instead of pushing sin to the side and excusing it (“I was really tired” or “The kids have been so awful today I just couldn’t stop myself from yelling” or “It’s really not that big a deal”…), we should recognize it for what it is and our hearts should grieve it. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for this wonderful post. Permissions: You are permitted to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do NOT alter the wording in any way and you do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For the first time I feel peace in my heart. Is there a book somewhere that tells us how to make God happy? Romans 6:23 lets us know that that the only thing our [sinful] actions earn is death. I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. (Ps 25:1) Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! God knows the ONLY chance you have at this kind of happiness is to be in fellowship with Him. Website: www.wscal.edu. So for Paul, Christianity is not useful for whatever needs we think are important at the moment; it’s true. My husband is very sick and has been In The hospital for a year. The desire of my heart is to Delight myself in the Lord. In all of these things, delightful and disappointing, God is working all circumstances together for a good that is beyond a mere absence of discomfort. Keep it up. Can we learn how to make God happy, too? Blessed is the one you choose and bring near. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. So the problem is not happiness, but that we do not even know real happiness when we see it. We will surrender happiness to being in charge because we mistakenly believe that the latter is the realization of the former. Any distributed copy must contain the following statement:  By [author's full name] © [date] Westminster Seminary California. Thank you for your perspective, to make GOD happy is not out of our reach as human beings. John wrote: “That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Very simply put, we are children who obey our Father. You have to stop justifying, and making excuses for your sins (see 1 John 1-2). May your will be done! Fellowship in the age of everlasting peace, not where believers live above poverty, but where the poor are rich and there is no more poverty; not where believers are spared a little pain and even tragic news of a loved one killed or seriously injured in war, but where no one gets killed or even fights anymore because sin, evil, injustice, violence, and oppression no longer exist. A helpful way of drawing us back to a God-centered orientation, this contrast nevertheless assumes that happiness is found somewhere else than in God’s glory, which is holiness epitomizes. God, how can I make you happy again. If we get in a pickle, there is nothing that we cannot turn around with the right credit card. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. God bless you for sharing this inspiring information and I hope God continues to bless you in your walk with Hom. In fact, we are all dying right now. I was glad afterwards at the way it came out, but at the moment what I heard was God saying, ‘Put down your gun and we’ll talk’…I chose, yet it really did not seem possible to do the opposite.”(3) Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. We can follow David’s example by praying for understanding when we read the Word so that we can do what it says. Sounds bleak and despairing, doesn’t it? amzn_assoc_design = "enhanced_links";
But the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love. That he not only judges righteously, but freely gives his righteousness to the unrighteous as a gift, is an astonishing feat indeed. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";
Related: Check out this discussion between Tim Keller and John Piper about this issue. People die. May you be blessed and encouraged as you rest in His grace, knowing you cannot earn your salvation but you can bring Him delight. amzn_assoc_linkid = "d35c631aa52768c966f41d1dbd4a2db9";
. So is it even possible to please Him? For web posting, a link to this document on our website is preferred. I may march to the beat of my own drum and refuse to conform to fit in with the crowd, but I really like to make the people I love the most happy. #2 is to DELIGHT yourself in the Lord, and He’ll give you the desires of your heart. What we have trouble understanding as Americans—especially Boomers (sorry to pick on my generation again)—is that what we call happiness is really this sense of being in control. It is blessing souls. We do not know whether, in a given instance, God has planned for Bob to be healed of cancer or Sue to get that raise at work. I think He understands. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "graceaband-20";
Thank you god. It is not a way to earn salvation. Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts! So does God want us to be poor, sad, lonely—generally unsuccessful in our life and relationships? Instead of trying to show them how God fit into their scheme, he told them where they fit in God’s story of creation, the fall, Christ’s resurrection, and the coming judgment (Acts 17). In you, LORD my God, I put my trust. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. We are exchanging the happiness and joy of fellowship with God for the “fleeting pleasures of sin” (Hebrews 11:25). Jesus only personal commandment was to…Love….God…your neighbor…and even our enemy. He wants you to have the only thing that brings true happiness: eternal fellowship with Him (1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9). For web posting, a link to this document on our website is preferred. The choice is yours, but YES God does want you to be happy. 3 C. S. Lewis, “Cross-Examination,” God in the Dock, 261 [back to text] Now a clearly maintained distinction between what the Faith actually says and what you would like it to have said or what you understand or what you personally find helpful or think probable, forces your audience to realize that you are tied to your data just as the scientist is tied by the results of the experiments; that you are not just saying what you like. Psalm 37:4 ESV / 18 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. I didn’t really ever think much about it in those terms until I started researching how David could possibly have been a man after God’s own heart with all of his epic failures and obviously selfish choices. But we will die. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";
We can follow David and be a woman after God’s own heart by being truly sorry when we sin. This view would simply be the mirror opposite of the prosperity gospel. (Ps 119:34, ESV) Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice. In fact, God often has to go to extreme measures, taking away our props, in order to get us off of our own glory-trail (viz., thinking we’re “in control”) in order to give us the deeper happiness that he calls joy. In the end, the only thing that truly satisfies, the only thing that truly fulfills, the only thing that lasts forever is fellowship with God (see Ecclesiastes 12:13-14). And of course, there is only one alternative to having fellowship with God and that is separation from God, which is a miserable and hopeless condition. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "graceaband-20";
At least Osteen has given us the opportunity to see just how clearly that choice stares us down. Romans 3:20-23 reminds us that every single person is a sinner and falls short of God’s standards. Required fields are marked *, Graceful Abandon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. He has chosen us as his children—co-heirs with Christ of the whole estate. This is the kind of happiness that goes far beyond the shallow and superficial happiness, which is simply the result of fleeting circumstances. Ironically, when we use our own “happiness” as an excuse to sin, we’re actually throwing away the only chance we have at true happiness. Your email address will not be published. Obviously, I’m kind of missing something. Our ultimate enemy is not failing to get everything we want out of life, but something much more serious. Thank you. You cannot ever earn salvation by your works. So does God want us to be poor, sad, lonely—generally unsuccessful in our life and relationships? and that He keeps His promises (how can we know He keeps His Word if we do not read it and pray for Him to accomplish it?). For more information, read our Terms & Disclosures. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit";
Maybe it’s more about who he was.

Wakefield Crigglestone United Kingdom Upcoming Events, Gray Comma Vs Eastern Comma, Concrete Foundation Wall Design Example, Drone Jammer App, Parallels Full Movie, Emily Rose Uncharted, Dragon Roost Island Ukulele,