genze e101 electric bike review
A relatively comfortable electric bike that feels well suited for shorter treks through the city thanks to its Selle Royale Free Way gel saddle, Ergon ergonomic grips, and overall frame geometry. A GenZe spokesman said the company would offer an integrated lock, with a cable that retracts into the bike. Connect with your GenZe e-Scooter and 200 series e-Bike on the go, and optimize your ride. It’s a great bike for the price, but I live near large hills and would rather have something with lower gears. It would be my pick over a rear-heavy ebike and the padded saddle, double legged kickstand and upgraded brake levers that cut power to the motor shine through as extra value. It feels much more nimble, and easier to handle than many ebikes I Have ridden, and that my business rents out, which builds rider confidence and overall satisfaction. Contrary to this article, you can add a rear rack and fenders. Given the e202's weight and wide tires, it takes more effort to pedal without electric power than with a typical, pedal-only bicycle. GenZe is selling these bikes at Costco via traveling road show now. But where every other e-bike I've ridden only used its motor to boost my effort, the e202 includes mode 0, which completely drives the bike under electric power, letting me control its speed with the accelerator ring. But then I’m a fit, light weight rider who can do fine with a smaller motor. I was surprised at the zip of this Ebike in throttle mode, and I have to believe that is in part due to the 15 to 17 lbs lighter weight than what most other e-Bikes weigh. Electrek Reviews the GenZe 200 Series e-Bike. We did buy one recently and so far is working great as a commuter to work 2 to 3 miles and as shopping bike. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. One thing I really like is the kick stand setup, it keeps the bike vertical, not tilted so both bikes fit in a smaller area, have less tendency to tip and I don’t have to worry about hitting them with my car door in the garage. GenZe's new electric bicycle has enough power to get you 20 miles without lifting a leg. Very easy to lift and load for most people, especially if you quickly pop out the extremely compact battery. This thing offers a nice purpose built frame with good weight distribution, removable battery pack for convenient charging and easy transportation, pedal assist and throttle mode and it comes in two frame sizes. The e202, and its sibling e201 model, represent a new generation of e-bikes from GenZe, a company owned by Indian automaker Mahindra. The e202 and e201 bikes have a basic city commuter design, with 2x26-inch tires to roll over pockmarked pavement and mounting points for front and rear racks. These GenZe bikes have a thick, rectangular down-tube containing a removable 345 watt-hour lithium-ion battery, and a 350-watt hub motor on the rear wheel. The e102 feels smooth ovarall and climbs quiete well in pedal assist mode. In fact, I find it a little challenging to figure out when I should be using the gears or the changing the amount of electric boost, but all that seems like something I would figure out over extended riding. From my brief look at the app, it shows info like miles covered and battery level. The aesthetic on this bike is nice but the way they design the controller and connectors will help it hold up over time. With a removable battery that plugs in anywhere, a huge storage area, and a connected app, the GenZe electric scooter is the ultimate personal transportation solution. Overall, this is a fairly stealth bike and I love the battery integration…. GenZe also includes a smartphone holder attached to the handlebars, which can be kept charged from a USB port on the handlebar-mounted control unit. In comparison to the high-step e101 from GenZe, the e102 delivers a more upright ride, is easier to mount and comes in smaller frame sizes. The 350-watt geared hub motor is surprisingly zippy and able to drive the e201 to…... A good balance of affordable options (weaker motor, entry level parts and one color) with a thoughtful custom design (mid-mounted battery, multiple frame sizes, integrated wires). The LCD display is backlit, large and full of standard readouts such as speed, distance traveled and battery level. I didn’t realize that many trains are setting this kind of weight limit? Once the battery is attached you press the remote button pad near the left grip to activate the bike. I’m new to EBR, have a lot of thoughts to share on my e101 from my first ~60 miles riding but I’m not sure if here or in the forum is a better place. Under boost mode, the company estimates the battery will last for 30 to 50 miles. While the components on both of these electric bikes aren’t top of the line, the gear range is limited and the aesthetic is more basic in my view, they could be a great option for students and other price sensitive buyers. A compromise between affordability and design with a purpose built frame that integrates wires and the battery pack - spreading weight across the bike for improved handling and balance, Large display panel is easy to read but not removable, independent button pad is easy to reach when riding, Smaller 250 watt geared motor offers a quiet, smooth ride and blends in very well with the rear cassette and disc brake rotor, Small 16" (Wheelbase 28.3 in) Medium 18" (Wheelbase 29.9 in), Large 20" (Wheelbase 32.3 in), (Optional Suntour XCT Suspension Fork with Lockout Upgrade), Shimano BR-M375 Mechanical Disc Brakes with 160 mm Rotors and Artek Brake Levers with Motor Cut Off, Plastic Chain Guide, Double Leg Kickstand, Quick Release Seat Tube, Removable Battery Pack, LED Power Level Readout on Battery (Measure Capacity Without Attaching to Bike), Integrated Cables, Modular Motor Disconnect Point for Service, Large Backlit LCD with Swivel to Reduce Glare, Speed, Odometer, Battery Capacity, Five Levels of Assist, Torque Sensing Pedal Assist, Twist Throttle, Known Issues & Problems with GenZe Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes. This is your generic, “get the job done” kind of motor and it shines in this capacity. Hope you enjoy the bike, thanks for the update Evan ;). Being geared, it offers a bit more torque for starting and climbing and is also small and light weight but it’s not as durable as a gearless option or as efficient as a mid-drive. I hope this helps and I welcome your feedback if you do install this or get feedback from GenZe or a dealer directly ;). The Recreational e102 electric bike is an entry level build from GenZe, an ebike subsidiary of the Mahindra Group (an Indian multinational automobile manufacturing corporation headquartered in Mumbai). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Being geared, it offers a bit more torque for starting and climbing and is also small and light weight but it’s not as durable as a gearless option or as efficient as a mid-drive. Sounds like you carry some interesting brands :). The aluminum frame on the e202 model I rode seemed sturdy enough without the top-tube. You will need the larger motor going up big hills because it is a 7-speed. While I find the electric motor lets me completely ignore the click-shifter for the eight-speed rear derailleur, I still shift up or down for the terrain. GenZe puts the base price of the e202 and e201 at $1,899, a moderate price for an e-bike, and a good value considering the range, boost options, integrated display and associated app. I’ll provide my clients several options so they can custom choose their preferred style. On subsequent attacks, I test out combinations of the e-bike's five levels of motor boost and its eight gears. In 30 minutes of riding I barely touch the battery capacity. I included the full weight of the bike ~44 lbs in the basic details above to help people compare. Many fewer common car trips are a real option with an electric bike like this and at much lower cost. My only complaint is lack of a place to put a water bottle. It offers 36 volts of power and 8.7 amp hours of capacity which is a touch below average but more than sufficient for a 250 watt motor. Best Buy's early Black Friday sale: There are still discounts on TVs, laptops and smart speakers, Walmart's Black Friday sales kick off Nov. 4. Correction: the Genze Scooter is mostly sourced in US, not the case for this EBike. A good balance of affordable options (weaker motor, entry level parts and one color) with a thoughtful custom design (mid-mounted battery, multiple frame sizes, integrated wires), Large display panel is easy to read but not removable, independent button pad is convenient to operate when riding, Relaxed upright position, relatively quiet operation and two drive modes (assist or throttle on demand). The app relies on a Bluetooth-connected smartphone, and will be available for Android and iOS. Charging is easy both on and off the frame with a keyed lock to remove the battery (you don’t need the key to put the battery back in). They are designed to resist water, with the control unit inside the frame and all connectors facing downward. I have the 18″ sport and she has a 16″. Hi Ray! The built-in LCD is a nice addition to the bike. I just purchased an ex-demo (or as GenZe calls it, “CPO”) e101 with just 18 miles on it for $749. For the modest price seems like a good option for basic urban transport. This makes transporting the frame (perhaps on a car or bus rack where you might have to lift the bike) much easier. The battery, which can be removed from the frame, takes 3.5 hours to charge from empty to full. Under boost mode, the company estimates the battery will last … The only downside here is that the display is not removable so you’re more prone to vandalism and degradation through sun exposure. Also, what’s your shop? I’ve seen a few beam style racks like this one from Topeak that might work but I’d love to hear your hands-on advice. great design and good enough to get me on the road peddling and exercising more. Nearly New GenZe eBikes were either used for test rides or rentals, or were returned items. © 2020 CNET, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Powering the Sport e101 is quality Lithium-ion battery pack with cells by Samsung. Your email address will not be published. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.

Graduate Diploma In Law Open University, Diamondback Bike Price Philippines, Nj Dmv Inspection, Dead Cross - Bela Lugosi's Dead, Distance From Oslo To Bergen By Train, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Kenny G Backing Track, Succulent Shirt Urban Outfitters, Insignia Smart Tv Remoteiron Law Of Oligarchy Criticism, Lochthorn Car Sales Dumfries, Should I Stay Or Should I Leave, United Rentals News,