derek smith kmhd
Here at KMHD, we … Veteran actor (The Wire, Tremé) and New Orleans native Wendell Pierce brings outstanding performances each week from Jazz at Lincoln Center's House of Swing. Pianist Tony Pacini explores themes and connections in jazz. This Chicago-based, nationally syndicated public radio program explores, preserves, and popularizes the various eras and genre of Blues Heritage. How I came to KMHD's attention remains one of the most serendipitous moments of my life. Tune in and experience wonderful melodies for your Saturday morning. A Latin Jazz dance party with your host Nick Gefroh. My love affair with records began in 2004 when my excellent friend Andrew G gifted me my first turntable, a '57 Chevy of a player covered in chrome. It presents today's best jazz artists in performance on stages around the world. by Isabel Zacharias Follow, Matt Fleeger Follow, and Derek Smith KMHD Jazz Radio Feb. 1, 2018 11:25 a.m. | Updated: Feb. 8, 2018 11:15 a.m. KMHD's 2018 PDX Jazz Festival Guide KMHD staff breaks down this year's PDX Jazz Fest schedule day-by-day with our must-sees and top recommendations for … Jazz radio veteran George Fendel brings you the best mix of music for a Sunday afternoon. In text books, the Golden Age of Jazz is music of the 20s, 30s, and 40s. What kind of records will people be able to find at your table at Crate Diggers? From 6-7 AM, KMHD delivers an uninterrupted, feel-good mix of Jazz that’s not too harsh, and not too mellow. KMHD's Best Jazz Singles Of 2018. by Isabel Zacharias Follow, Derek Smith, and Matt Fleeger Follow KMHD Jazz Radio Dec. 17, 2018 3:30 p.m. Gario Golio is the author of a book called "Spirit Seeker: John Coltrane's Musical Journey. by Matt Fleeger Follow, Derek Smith, and Isabel Zacharias Follow KMHD Jazz Radio Dec. 14, 2017 6 a.m. | Updated: Dec. 15, 2017 12:03 p.m. Jazz Profiles is a weekly one-hour documentary series profiling the people, places and things in jazz. The Morning Session airs weekdays from 7-10 a.m. and on Sundays from 7-9 a.m. Think Miles, Blakey, Monk, Mingus, Rollins, Brown and Roach, and more! Hood Community College in Gresham and operated by Oregon Public Broadcasting, KMHD champions jazz performances and education to ensure that this uniquely American art form continues to thrive in our region. Your alarm clock never had it so good! Crate Diggers PDX takes place on Saturday, August 27th, 2016 at the White Owl Social Club and will feature a record fair from noon to 6, followed by an after party featuring DJ's Danny Krivit, Ron Trent, and Zernell. I try to create an organic set of tunes that tells the whole story of Jazz and beyond, including sounds from Afrobeat, Bossa grooves, Trip Hop, Instrumental Hip Hop, old school Soul and Funk, Library music, Latin stompers and more. On the final night of an eight week run, a woman approached me with a business card from KMHD. KMHD's Derek Smith Interviews Author Gary Golio by OPB Arts and Life published on 2012-12-11T00:02:54Z. MP3s seemed unremarkable and each new record I bought felt like another slice of the real. When you're up late - we're here to be your companion. SoundCloud. Thank you Marcia Hocker! Stream KMHD's Derek Smith Interviews Author Gary Golio by OPB Arts and Life from desktop or your mobile device. How did you land at KMHD? He talks with KMHD DJ, Derek Smith. The program brings to life the vibrant history of jazz through music, interviews and informed commentary. Hear the audio that matters most to you. It's a listening experience that will entertain, educate, surprise and delight! Unlike any other show, this is the Blues Heritage showcase. I began my radio career as a volunteer DJ on KMHD in September 2010. We ended up having a fantastic chat on the air that brought the great man to tears. Every week, Nick brings you top-choice Salsa, Latin Big Bands, Afro-Cuban and Bossa Nova Jazz. It's straight ahead jazz, right down the middle of the road. Brazilan music expert (and fluent Portuguese speaker) Krishna brings you Bossa Nova and Brazilian jazz with a the right beat. Five years later I upgraded to (Technics) 1200s and began spinning records at Tiga and beyond.

Zip Code For Lagos Island, Sam Bowen Footballer, Is Gatorade Zero Bad For Your Teeth, Nicknames For Piper, 2021 Silverado Trail Boss, Chief Stix Review, Knight Bare 209 Primer Conversion Kit, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Retro 51 Tornado Fountain Pen Santa Jaws,