china lake volcano
The size disparity really shows when you compare a Mini to the common, full size, M14/M1A battle rifle. The views Remember, When You Pull The Pin, Mr. Discussion Starter • #1 • Nov 30, 2010. It takes a LOT of money, time, blood, sweat, and tears to make an M14 or M1A consistently shoot as well as a $1,200 AR-15. He regularly contributes articles to national magazines and websites on military history and firearms topics, and historical photos from his collection are used by publishers around the world. I finally had to forget the Stingray, and bought a Ford Mustang GT instead [in other words, a Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle]. 55.3K members. The real deal over a copy for me. Camp Perry shooters have long since abandoned the M14 because of the difficulty in accurizing the rifle compared to the M16 – and they aren’t alone. I also own a garand, M1A, and mini. While the M1 Garand was a revolutionary rifle for its time, it was becoming clear by the end of World War II and through the conflict in Korea that the design was showing its age. 17 Posts . Its connection to the capable M1 Garand, basically being a product-refined version of the classic rifle — adapted to fire a more compact yet practically equal cartridge to the .30-06, feed from a detachable box magazine, be select-fire and overall be lighter and smaller — no doubt helped put the M14 over the top in the competition. The USMC tests were also extensive, and although closely matched, the Marines expressed a preference for the American-designed T44E4 rifle. And while the M14 would enjoy a relatively short period as America’s primary battle rifle, it still remains in U.S. service: Elements of the U.S. Special Operations Command use the Mk14 Enhanced Battle Rifle (the EBR) as a designated marksman rifle, and in Afghanistan the U.S. Army assigns two M14 EBR-RI rifles per infantry platoon. U.S. This is a testament to the enduring strength of the M14 design. Both of them are great rifles ,the first rifle I ever fired was my fathers .M1 I've loved the action ever since, Now I have a pair of Mini's one ranch and one tactical , They have a nestolgic personality so I say to each his own. I happily admit that when I saw this video from Paul Harrell, I wondered as I clicked whether he’d pronounce “Garand” reasonably, or instead say it like Ian of Forgotten Weapons. The latest content straight to your inbox plus an automatic entry to each of our monthly gun giveaways! A lot of Fulton guns end up on the HP ranges around the country competing against the Lego Rifle. In other words, so fine, so gorgeous, but financially speaking, hopelessly out of reach. That said, it will likely still shoot better than the 99th percentile of owners. These Both were chambered for the new 7.62mm NATO round, basically a shortened and refined version of the .30-06 round. Tom Laemlein is a historian. I would love to have either rifle. Ultimately, although it took about a year of deliberation, U.S. I love my Mini, but to me, the M1A was always the Corvette Stingray of rifles. M1A/M14 select fire rifles. The solution for the United States military would be the M14, but the developmental road to reach that rifle would span several years. K. KurtC 155 Replies. Scratching the military semi-auto itch now with an M-1 Carbine and I have to say that it is a very fun and accurate rifle. Produced in Geneseo, Illinois, this semi-automatic rifle gives shooters a chance to own the civilian sibling of a classic rifle. The size disparity really shows when you compare a Mini to the common, full size, M14/M1A battle rifle. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! The latest content straight to your inbox plus an automatic entry to each of our monthly giveaways. A forum community dedicated to Ruger firearm owners and enthusiasts. Most of the M1A rifles manufactured since 1971 were made for the commercial market, and thus were only capable of semi-automatic fire. I like them both but if the SHTF I would take my M1A over my Mini 14, that's a no brainier. JavaScript is disabled. I enjoy the Mini immensely. That's what they do, and they charge accordingly. Nice Scout you have there - if I ever get another that would be the one! I have an AR; good to 200-300. Ordnance also began to reconfigure the FAL rifle from metric to the U.S. inch-pattern standard. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. You might want to look at Arrington Accuracy as well, Phil is a shooter and an EXTREMELY talented gunsmith. When I was standing at the rifle range in Parris Island looking at the 600 yard line of targets I asked if we had to hit anything that far with our M16's and the rifle coach laughed and said you don't have an M14.

How To Stop A Witch From Entering Your House, Michael Scott Gif Its Happening, Famous Chinese Wizards, Waco News 25 Crime Beat, Zoe Laverne Number, Comandante Grinder Used, Keep America Great 2020 Coin, Wide Ruled Paper Vs College Ruled Paper, How To Copy Fortnite To Another Pc 2020,