chamorro language lessons

Ki ora na para u falak i tenda si David? Common Phrases in Chamorro. to pass them on to my children Ha'ani and Noah. Our dictionary, lessons, dialogues and other learning materials are to generate a pleasant and rewarding learning process for learners with different learning styles and in diverse learning contexts. So nihi! (0:06 min), in, Late senator "ben" Pangelinan of the Guam Legislature speaks at a public hearing pertaining to the military buildup in Guam. You can use the following patterns to help you write the date:dia + number + gi + month + year.

Seven little words that you’ll use all the time when speaking Chamorro: i ha’åni siha gi simåna (the days of the week). This video comes with word-by-word and line-by-line translations as well a set of related practice sentences.

What time does Target open?Ki ora na humåhånao hao para i che’cho’-mu? It is beautiful to be able to communicate with people in our own language; if we don't use our language we die as a people. This is true for the word for day, which can be spoken as ha’åni or dia. You can also specify the exact minute, if you wish to be specific.

Here are some examples using the negative words from the table above.

Chamorro Dictionary, Lessons and Online Resources. There is no strict rule as to when you should use either, but there is a predilection among native speakers toward using ha’åni more when describing the day and dia for when talking about the day in the calendar sense.

Talking About Dates in Chamorro. “I ora” means “the hour”. They’ll just say it is para (to) or pasao (past) a specific time. In both languages, the year always comes after the month and day, regardless of the order. ", Although our home is now in Austria, I want to keep learning CHamoru to maintain my links to.

Pronouns in CHamoru: Introduction and Overview.

Let’s go and do this.Here are the names of i mes siha gi sakkan (the months in the year).

Ki ora na para un fatto? In Chamorro, we sometimes have two words for the same thing.

Learning any language requires ongoing efforts, continuous practice and spanning social relations. The Chamorro names for the days of the week come from the Spanish days of the week, which get their names from planets and gods. Socialize Lite by Slocum Studio, Negation and Negative Words in Chamorro ».

As soon as there’s light, it is considered oga’an.

Using the negative marker ti is the most basic type of Chamorro negation, but you can also use the following negative words and phrases.

To ask what time something usually happens, we must employ the ongoing, or progressive, form of the verb.

Buenas dias. Socialize Lite by Slocum Studio. Dialogues are the preferred way of learning CHamoru of many.

Chamorro days are often preceded by the word dia (or diha), meaning “day”.Traditionally, the day came before the month, but now it is common to say it … Beginning, intermediate and advanced learners together build and sustain a world-wide community of people learning CHamoru. Pronunciation. The word “time” can be translated three different ways in Chamorro: In this article, we’ll be talking about i ora, or “the hour”. I thank the many volunteers who developed and maintain this website. To do this you say ya followed by a possessive pronoun. What time is the movie?Ki ora i gipot? Because it is a Dictionary and not a 'translation application' it is best to search ONE WORD at a time.

Learning how to express likes and dislikes is a great way to show your fluency in Chamorro.

You quickly will find out which ways of learning work best for you, and in what combination.

If you are interested in learning CHamoru, this website is for you; regardless whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced learner of the CHamoru language; regardless whether you are in Guam or Saipan, in Europe or the US mainland, in Asia or Africa, or anywhere else in the world. Saying i fecha, or “the date”, in Chamorro is almost the same as in English except for a few details. Seeing CHamoru words and texts in published books and public places, hearing radio commercials and announcements in CHamoru language, attending Catholic CHamoru masses and rosaries, etc. We pool diverse resources for learning CHamoru, use them and share them among us.

Sticky Flock Hobby Lobby, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death,