bell canoe works yellowstone

It is a very sea worthy boat and handles very well in windy weather. I am still looking for my perfect tandom all purpose canoe is this it?? I'd be looking at getting them in whitegold - they weigh in at 19/18kg respectively in that. bell/mrcThanks for all the info.after reading the posts i am back to the freedom.it is longer wider carrys more for the 3-7 day trips and i think it is a tougher boat.The bell looks like it would handle a little beter in the tight spots and this is the part i am not sure about is that it would do better in the flat because of its narrow beam.I have paddled the freedom alot and i have no problem with the speed.Oh all these things to consider!!! just give it a name, even if it’s the david yost 17 foot cruiser. I was a bit nervous about how much water it would ship as it doesn't have a huge amount of freeboard. Check within the last 3 issues. Does anybody think that a 14' canoe is to short for solo travel, especially in rough water, or big lakes with major head winds. I bought it. Yellowstone is a river boat in my bookBased on the popular Wildfire it’s a perfect canoe for two small paddlers for up to class I/II moving water. Happy hunting! In only three strokes it was doing 6k and soon hit 7.3 by my GPS. WHo knows about this canoe?

For the occasional time I need a bit more rocker and a bit more wave shedding it seems like the Yellowstone solo/Wildfire is the way to go. The web site and forum for all canoe users who hear the Song of the Paddle. With the two blue barrels full of snow it was slower but still crused at 6.3 easily.

Also test paddle if you can, the round bottom will not demonstrate good initial stability, but secondary is very good. I went up to Swifts store in Gravenhurst on Sunday. If it's of any help, I kept the seat hangers the same length (rather than cut them shorter) and made up a tripple slatted thwart. Blackgold would be great, but at £1755 for a Magic in BG, too pricey for a saving of 3-4kgs. And for me she handles like a dream. The shouldered tumblehome (characteristic of assorted David Yost designed hulls, including the Merlin II and Wildfire) gives the hull reassuring secondary stability: it's a joy to heel for turns. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. I have thought about the Northwind too. Please Call For Details.

This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our, Here comes the future and you can't run from it, [url]http://songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=198502#post198502, It's as much as squashed, Bell Merlin II as a skegged Bell/Placid/Colden Wildfire... though as both are excellent canoes, that not a bad heritage. I haven’t paddled it but did give it a good looking over this spring at a dealer. I may raise it again in the spring. check out canoe and kayakone of the more recent issues of canoe and kayak did a review of the yellowstone along with other canoes in the same category. I put in knee straps with adjustable anchors, raised the seat an inch, that made no difference at all in stability but allowed my feet to fit under the seat a lot better.

The YS is not a spinner for sure. It handles small streams and large windy lakes with no problems. The Yellow stone looks great and accelerates fast much faster than I expected. It is the same design as the Yellowstone. I think if money didn't matter I would have preferred the YS but all is well anyway. Why not just give the boat it’s own name like they had? Alaskan?The August “Canoe & Kayak” compares the boats PK mentions to the Bell Alaskan I believe, which at 17’ is a true river tripper. The canoe companies trying to come up with these “families of canoes” is stupid in my opinion. At any rate I liked it a lot (a fun canoe) and since it fit what I wanted.

It seems to float above the waves and didn't feel at all tippy, well not noticeably more so than other boats on WW (legend & pack).

I'm 85Kg and you can see how the boat sits with me in it in the picture above (Matto is lighter).

It’s a nimble and fun boat.

The Yellowstone solo was a very pleasent surprise much easier to control than expected, dryer than expected and turned better in moving water than expected. Check C&K’s Canoe JournalThere is a short review in Canoe and Kayak’s special “Canoe Journal” Here they compare a Novacraft Prospector 17, Clipper Prospector 17, Esquif Prospeteur, and a Bluewater Freedom 17’ to the Bell Yellowstone. I haven’t paddled it but did give it a good looking over this spring at a dealer. Great to read this post JMR, I picked mine up at the weekend & am really looking forward to paddling it in the next few weeks. -- Last Updated: Apr-09-08 9:55 PM EST -- I am looking to buy a rather versatile canoe. Our 17’, 16" deep Bluewater Chippewa is rated by the maker for 580 pounds of people and gear. I want it to be able to handle some whitewater (C1-C2, maybe C3), but no need to handle any big whitewater (i.e. Consider the Adirondack, Aurora, or Spirit II from Wenonah. Also, I am not terrible familair with some of the other brands (Wenonah, MR, etc.)

And it should be a much better fit for your described usage than the Northwind.

!I want a white water tripper that does good on the flat(i know,who dosent)I have been looking hard at madriver freedom this seems like the boat for me but now i have seen the yellowstone and it looks good! Is that canoe nimble enough for some of the smaller rivers that I would want to take it down?

Finally I drilled two holes in the gunnels so that the yoke bolts solidly to the gunnels but can be romoved easily. The "fit" is more Wildfire than Merlin II: it's beamier at the waterline (and more stable) than either... and smaller paddlers may rattle around a little. The skegged stern that it shares with the Merlin II means it tracks pretty (and is extremely forgiving for beginner-intermediate paddlers), but also means it needs to be heeled right to the rails to get a 180 degree spin - the stern catches on a slight heel. I lowered the seat of the canoe and attached a "Cush" design backrest to it. So far it works well and avoids any holes in the hull. Thanks! By reading the specs, these appear very similar, with the Yellowstone being slightly narrower, a bit heavier, and with slightly more rocker. The Mohawk 14 would be the only rubber boat I can think of with symmetrical bow and stern rocker. That was a nice surpise. I took my Yellowstone Solo out for the first time last Thursday, on the Thames at Aston.

I found it very stable and the secondary it great. The more I read about this canoe the more I want to own one, I know it is a long shot but does anybody know of any second hand ones on the market? I want it to be able to handle some whitewater (C1-C2, maybe C3), but no need to handle any big whitewater (i.e. There are much faster solo canoes than the Bell Wildfire (Yellowstone Solo).

I don't want a whitewater specific boat). As winter aproached and I gained more experience I found that I NEEDED another boat for more adventurous excursions, and after much research and reading the views and opinons of other Sotp members decided on a Bell Chestnut Prospector 16. says is more of a small tandem for smaller paddlers and day trips.
NorthwindThe Northwind Royalex (16’6) is nearly identical to the Northstar, its just a hair wider - a half inch I believe. The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. It seems to turn quite well.

The primary use will day-long or overnight trips down smaller Minnesota rivers and streams. "Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury. It is an inch or two narrower in max beam than Bell’s Morningstar.

This would be a tandem boat only.

With two blue barrels full of wet snow say 25 lbs each it was slower but a nice canoe with tons of initial and secondary stability it turns well and would be a nice tripper.
There is a passing resemblance between the two Yellowstones, somthing that can’t be said for the Freedoms. Fine solo Rx canoe.

The bolts are permanently attached to the yoke with two lock nuts and I bought the new Wenenah yoke pads attaching these to the yoke. Are you sure you’re buying enough boat?

Can someone explain the performance differences between the Bell Morningstar and Bell Yellowstone (tandem)? Rockstar is hard to find!

Criminal Minds Season 10 Episode 18 What Does Reid Say In Russian, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven, Dri Avast Software, Is The American Dream Still Possible By David Wallechinsky Essays, Is Belcamp Md Safe, Fire Tv Stick Stuck On Amazon Logo, Nicole Panattoni Net Worth, Joseph Joseph Chopping Board Set Costco, Rafael Angel Uribe Serna, Reshma Shetty Matrix, Chet Holmgren Crystal Ball, Freaky Girl Quotes, Chris Thorsteinson Wife, Hawaiian God Kane, Jonathan Clay Moore Death, Debbi Peterson Net Worth, Euthymol Toothpaste Side Effects, Who Is Sara Sidner Married To, Noticiero Univision Cast, Tropico 6 Ranch Fertility, Zoe Laverne Number, How Do You Wish Someone Happy Birthday In Heaven,