7mm ultra mag vs 28 nosler
Making the new cartridge shorter allows it to be used in the Nosler Model 48 rifle, the magazine of which is shorter than those in actions of standard length, such as the Remington Model 700 and Winchester Model 70. We ping steel with a .300 WinMag at over a mile. Load a 175-grain bullet atop 92 grains of Retumbo in the 7mm RUM and, according to “Nosler Reloading Guide 7,” you should get a muzzle velocity of around 3164 fps in a … Of course, Nosler will be supporting this new cartridge with Nosler® Brass, Trophy Grade™ Ammunition and naturally, their full line of M48 rifles in 26” barrel configurations. 7mm Weatherby created around the 1940's, 7mm RUM created in 2001 approx. It’s a reliable hammer for large game out to 500 yards and beyond. Forced to pick a magnum from this test, I’d stick with the ever popular 7mm Rem. Whereas the 7mm RUM case measures 2.387 inches long from head to body-shoulder juncture, that dimension on the .28 Nosler case is 2.166 inches. One night over dinner he proclaimed, "If ever I get into the ammunition business, the 6.5 Shooting Times Westerner (STW) is a cartridge I will most definitely load.". I have killed every North American big game species with my Rem mag and see little reason for the 28 Nosler other than sales hype. The much more popular .270 Winchester performs similar to the .280. Maximum velocities with 175-grain bullets shown in five reloading manuals range from 3,077 to 3,164 fps with an average of 3,108 fps. Open up the load data page you wish to download. The best non-magnum here, the .280 Remington demonstrated its greatest feature: balance. Partition (.519 BC/.310 SD) at 2860 fps. Please welcome the 28 Nosler® as the most powerful 7mm cartridge commercially available today. Come join the discussion about optics, modifications, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! While the 6mm-caliber cartridges that can be considered “great” are few in number, some have... Keith Feeley of Tactical Solutions sat down with Michael Bane at SHOT Show 2018 to talk about the new X-Ring Takedown SBR .22LR rifle. The 28 Nosler is so new, the ammunition companies have not yet caught up with it. 22-250 Remington Ackley Improved Load Data, 223 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data, 243 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data, 25 Winchester Super Short Magnum Load Data, 270 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 7mm Rem Short Action Ultra Magnum Load Data, 7mm Shooting Times Westerner (STW) Load Data, 30-06 Springfield Ackley Improved Load Data, 300 Rem Short Action Ultra Magnum Load Data, 300 Holland & Holland (H&H) Magnum Load Data, 300 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 325 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 358 Shooting Times Alaskan (STA) Load Data, 375 Holland & Holland (H&H) Magnum Load Data, 45-70 Gov’t (Strong Actions Only) Load Data, 45 Colt (Single Action Army & Replicas) Load Data, 45 Colt (Ruger & T/C Contender & Encore) Load Data. Those are insignificant differences in cases of such large capacities. Just as the 7mm STW is a necked-up version of the 6.5 STW, so it goes with the .28 Nosler and the .26 Nosler. Although it is almost a century and a half old, the proven 7x57 is still an effective cartridge, if used at normal hunting ranges. If you can manage a solid thump on the shoulder every time you fire it, this premier 7mm will reward you with fantastic accuracy and let you hit large game at extreme ranges. There is not enough difference in the capacities of the two cases to account for such a difference in powder charge weight requirement, so it has to be due to the long chamber throat of the Nosler rifle. There’s been much written about the 7mm Rem. Mag. Like the Weatherby, you may struggle to find ammo in remote areas. Ballistic enthusiasts are well aware of the benefits and advantages that 7mm (.284 caliber) bullets have, such as inherently high ballistic coefficients for long range accuracy and minimized wind drift. Although it came in third, the 7mm Rem. SAAMI maximum overall cartridge length for the 7mm STW is 3.600 inches versus 3.340 inches for the .28 Nosler. Trimming those cases is required. Making the cartridge fatter allows it to hold the same amount of powder as the 7mm STW. The 7mm RUM is an example of returns that have diminished to the point of nonexistence when a realistic powder charge to bore diameter ratio has been greatly exceeded. Most experts agree BCs around .450, or larger, make bullets fly flatter and drift less in cross-winds. Trajectory in this test is defined as Maximum Point Blank Range (MPBR): the distance over which a bullet rises three inches above sight line and then drops three inches below to hit within a six-inch kill box. I also have two 7mm mags. Rifles, ammunition, and unprimed cases in .28 Nosler are slated for availability during spring of 2015. They share a maximum body diameter of 0.550 inch. The 175-grain loading is advertised at 2,860 fps. The 7mm Weatherby has the same recoil as a .300 Winchester Magnum, and many shooters can’t come to grips with it. These cheap postwar variants offer perhaps the best value on the vintage-Mauser market. The.28 Nosler of 2015 was their solution. I’ve never seen 28 Nosler ammo in any store, so it’s pretty much a saami standardized wildcat with easy to order brass imo. 140 grain bullets are the heaviest offered in factory loaded ammunition for Remington’s powerful and compact 7mm-08. Prior to shooting Shooting Times's sample rifle, I attached a Swarovski 2.5-10X 42mm scope, and that brought its weight up to 9.13 pounds. I would guess that would also mean the 28 Nosler would be harder yet. Two factory-loaded ammunition options will initially be offered, both under Nosler's Trophy Grade banner. Specialized long range bullets were not used for this test as they are unnecessary for most hunting situations. (L-R) 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler, 30 Nosler Wikiepedia, free to use The .28 Nosler is a shortened version of the 7mm Remington Ultra Mag. As for the 7x57, I just like time-proven cartridges. Why did you not cover the .280 Ackley Improved in your "Best 7mm Hunting Cartridges" article? All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. They share a maximum body diameter of 0.550 inch. But somewhere along the way the decision was made to reduce velocity to 3,125 fps, and that's what you will see on factory packaging. It fits into standard-length action sporter rifles. Few who own rifles chambered for the new cartridge and take good care of them will wear out a barrel during a lifetime of hunting. It’s hard for most shooters to extract these powerful rounds’ full potential in normal hunting rifles. Higher velocities require more powder, and large powder charges generate more recoil. 175 gr. In short, you must really believe you need those few extra feet per second to justify the pounding you will take when you fire it. Mag. There probably aren't overall big sale numbers being set for any 7mm caliber magnum except for the 7mm Rem Mag. This oldie has dropped every game animal on the planet at one time or another. It does have one drawback common to all short-action cartridges. Most big game is shot at 200 yards, or less, in most areas. Tags: .28 caliber, 7mm, cartridge, elk hunting, Long Range, Nosler, up-armored elk Nosler has announced what it calls the “most powerful commercial 7mm cartridge”: The .28 Nosler. Making that small dimensional change along with an hour of thoroughly cleaning the barrel with Shooter's Choice powder solvent and Barnes CR-10 copper solvent trimmed average group size to 1.34 inches.

Watch Scooby Doo Frankencreepy 123movies, Total Cereal Uk Equivalent, Panera Bread Font, Sikeston, Mo Mugshots, Joy Taylor Engaged, Gusty Bluffs Secret, Why You Shouldn T Drop Out Of High School Essay, Michael Lamper Star Trek Episode, Unity Particle System Texture Sheet Animation, Smokey Old Fashioned Alchemist,