2020 nissan titan sport bar
in 1984 on his To Bogna LP. He helped bring "Weird Al" Yankovic to national attention. aah!". 85 In April 2013, Meep Morp Studios began seeking donations to fund a documentary named Under the Smogberry Trees: The True Story of Dr. Demento through Kickstarter. Remember when you ran away And I got on my knees and begged You not to leave Because I'd go berserk? Using his real name of Barry Hansen, he also contributed many articles on rock music to magazines including Rolling Stone, Down Beat and Hit Parader, liner notes on various late-1960s and early 1970s albums, and in 1976 contributed the chapter on "Rhythm and Gospel" in The Rolling Stone Illustrated History of Rock & Roll. 1 on the Cash Box Top 100 charts on July 30, No. "[3][4], The song is driven by a snare drum, tambourine and hand clap rhythm. The same Los Angeles area group recorded some of the musical teasers used on the show, such as "It's time for number one...." The other "countdown" intros come from "Barstow" by the American maverick composer Harry Partch. 4 on the UK Singles Chart.[10]. Because I'd go berserk? You may purchase any stream in high quality, or join the Demento Online Club to get the new episode automatically every week, plus 3 … The tribute show following Zappa's 1993 death was the first time the entire two-hour show was devoted to a single artist. In the song, the singer is released from the insane asylum, now deeply resentful of his time in the "loony bin" and "rubber room" and vowing to seek revenge on an ape by swinging it by its tail; he is still not fully cured of his insanity and is paranoid that he will be re-institutionalized. (Josephine was the name of the spouse of the French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte. Welcome to the official online archive of The Dr. Demento Show! The show helped revive and maintain interest in novelty hits from the 1950s and 1960s that received scant airplay on mainstream pop or oldies radio stations, including "Alley Oop" by the Hollywood Argyles, "The Ballad of Irving" by Frank Gallop, "The Battle of Kookamonga" by Homer and Jethro, "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett, "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah (A Letter from Camp)" by Allan Sherman, "I Want My Baby Back" by Jimmy Cross, and "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!" The reverse version of the song is not included on the original Warner Bros. album, although the title is shown on the front cover, whereas the title is actually spelled backward. It entered the Billboard Hot 100 at No. Legend has it, after Hansen played "Transfusion" by Nervous Norvus on the radio, someone said that he had to be demented to play that. The Russian psytrance artist Psykovsky sampled parts of the song on his piece "Badinerie Dreaming," released on his album "Na Ve Ka" from 2011. Dr. Demento. [2], The lyrics appear to describe a man's mental anguish after a break-up with a woman, and his descent into madness leading to his committal to a "funny farm" (slang for a mental hospital). 2 in Canada, and reaching No. Starting in the late 1980s, the show began to lose affiliates, a victim of media consolidation and other changes in the radio industry that were pushing many alternative rock stations and individualistic broadcasters off the air. Learn how and when to remove this template message, Derailroaded: Inside The Mind Of Wild Man Fischer, Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah (A Letter from Camp), "The Online Internet Site for Information on Dr. Demento music, songs, lyrics and chat", https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Other-Documments/LA-Radio-Guide/LA-Radio-Guide-1995-09-10.pdf, "The E-book "Producing Demento" ("The Dr. Demento Show"!) 2 in Canada, and reaching No. The song is referenced in the lyrics of the Mudvayne song "Internal Primates Forever" on L.D. The syndicated radio show normally started with an hour of randomly chosen records and listener requests. is a 1966 novelty record written and performed by Jerry Samuels (billed as Napoleon XIV), and released on Warner Bros. Records. He created the persona in 197…. Several cover versions of the song were recorded following the song's release in 1966 and in later years. Biz Markie also covers this song on Make the Music with Your Mouth, Biz in 1986, but he changes most of the lyrics. But i did make the pics. The closing theme is "Cheerio, Cherry Lips, Cheerio," a 1929 vocal by Scrappy Lambert (recording under the name Gordon Wallace), which Hansen tells listeners he discovered in a thrift shop. When You Say Nothing At Al Lyrics. He also made occasional television appearances, on such shows as The Gong Show (on the 1988-89 revival), Bobby's World, The Simpsons, and on the Barnes and Barnes music video for "Fish Heads". [26]. [3] He also has recorded false comedy interviews "break-in" style, following Dickie Goodman, including "Hey Dickie" (1989), which is available on iTunes. ", a sequel to the original record. They're coming to take me away, Ha-ha is a 1966 novelty record written and performed by Jerry Samuels (billed as Napoleon XIV), and released on Warner Bros. Records. The B-side (a reversed version) was recreated as well. He graduated in 1963, and later studied at UCLA, from which he earned a master's degree in folklore and ethnomusicology. Barret Eugene "Barry" Hansen (born April 2, 1941), known professionally as Dr. Demento, is an American radio broadcaster and record collector specializing in novelty songs, comedy, and strange or unusual recordings dating from the early days of phonograph records to the present.Hansen created the Demento persona in 1970 while working at Los Angeles station KPPC-FM. And now you see I've gone Nice young men in their clean white coats and Broadcast syndication of the show ended on June 6, 2010, but the show continues to be produced weekly in an online version. Another line in the song was: "I eat my peas with a tuning fork." In 1982, he handed off the show to a new producer from San Diego, professional journalist Robert Young. A number of compilations have been released by Dr. Demento, including:[22]. [6][5], Continuing the theme of insanity, the flip or B-side of the single was simply the A-side played in reverse, and given the title "!aaaH-aH ,yawA eM ekaT oT gnimoC er'yehT" (or "Ha-Haaa! Recorded with the same beat as the original, and portraying Napoleon XIV relapsing to madness after being released from an insane asylum, it never charted, and was combined with the original 1966 recording on side A. 2 in Canada, and reaching No. [9] According to Hansen, the show steadily lost advertisers, and as such, he had to restructure the distribution of the show from the usual barter system to a system in which stations pay a rights fee for the program (though he apparently made exceptions in some major markets, such as WLUP in Chicago). Despite the show's terrestrial cancellation, new online episodes are expected to be produced for the foreseeable future. The Westwood One period marked the height of the show's national popularity; it was carried in most major radio markets, airing mainly on FM rock stations, usually late on Sunday evenings.

Hms Daring Do5, Schwinn Ad2 Belt Replacement, 2017 Toyota Rav4 Galactic Aqua Mica, Emma 2020 Full Movie Youtube, Homedics Bubble Foot Spa With Heat Boost Power White Gray,